Hi all,

So looks like I've just landed a job at a lodge in Hakuba for the season. I can probably ride for a few hours about 5 days a week. Pretty exciting.

Does any one know if I can get a season pass to all the resorts in Hakuba? or do I need to get them individually?

Well done on the job. :thumbsup:

Look forward to hearing about it.

Sorry, I can't help with the question. Though I very much feel that you can't.

Perhaps some helpful soul nearer there might be able to help?

When I skiied Hakuba back in '09 there was a multi resort pass available for tourists only, not locals, which was really a book of coupons which you redeem at the mountain of your choice each morning, I have a feeling though you will be out of luck for a season pass, and also i can't remember where to find the information on the tourist lift pass.

There is the JTB pass which covers Iwatake Tsugaike Norikura and Cortina. There is a rumor that Tsugaike might be pulling out though. There is a Hakuba all mountain ski seasons pass out there you just cant buy it though. Only local students teachers and government workers are allowed to buy the pass. The nick name is the gold standard pass. So basically you are going to have to buy a one mountain pass I think.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

I could probably just check with past staff members and see what they have done. I may even be able to get something thru Whitehorse

i remember there being a pass that combined like shiga, goryu, nozawa, and happo. But it was like 90,000 yen or something. Might have been a couple of years ago and probably imagining it. Tell a lie, only happo. But its 80,000

Hey RaID, the Happo/Nozawa/Shiga pass is the same price (80,000) regardless of when you buy it. Here's the flyer, I think my coworkers and I are gonna apply for it tomorrow :D

premium_seazon_pass_guidance.jpg

That is a good deal if you live in Nagano or you will travel alot. I know the Whitehorse and although you will get to use cars you wont be able to drive to Nozawa or Shiga maybe once maybe twice but not enough to make that pass worth it. Both areas are about 2 hours easy drive from Hakuba. As the crow flies they arent far but we have to go around. Your best best is the Happo or Goryu early pass and then the JTB pass but to be honest I think having only a few hours a day stay close forget the JTB pass and budget day passes or discount passes. There is talk about an all mountain pass every year but that woul only be the Hakuba town resorts. The price would come in if it ever does at 120000 yen.

There is no price there is a rumor only and this town is full of them. The rumor is 47 is open to the Idea but happo isnt. For example 50000 yen for happo 50000 yen goryu 20000 yen split to Iwatake or something along those lines as workable numbers for an earlybird pass.

The price would come in if it ever does at 120000 yen.

If they haven't decided on anything, how come we have a price number?

Wonder how many people would buy at that cost.

It's only really going to be useful for people there for a long time, if not the season.

Doubt they would put too much time into doing that.

What's more wanted is a week long "all Hakuba" ticket etc.

week long is 28,500yen, but you have to buy from an agent.

It can be used at 9 resorts in the valley.

it is vaid for 9 days (two rest days)

Weekly all mountain -no need to buy a package holiday - just need to buy the passes from an agent. You can do this online.

2 and 3 all mountain day passes can be bought over the counter.

You mean seven of nine days? So Y4000/day?

That's vs what, Y4600 at the window for Happo-one & 8,500 for a two-day pass? Think Y8000 for a Goryu/47 two-day?

Not a great discount for locking yourself in for that long. Maybe worth it if you have friends to stay with in the valley.

• 4 months later...

I ended up getting an early bird Happo Season pass. Now having been here a month I wish I had gone with 47/Goryu

I like Happo but it gets tracked out really fast, and its not opening a park until the end of this month or mid Feb. Having the benefit of hindsight I would have gone a week day pass at Happo and a JTB pass