Anyone else been following it? Although I don't ride myself I have always found the tour incredibly compelling to watch. I've managed to watch every stage of this years tour which hasn't been that easy as it doesn't finish until 1:30 to 2:00am and with a 3yo it's not like I ever get to sleep in anymore! Anyway Wiggins and his team have been truly awesome.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following it most nights GN up until I fall asleep around midnight. I watch it for the tactics, the crazy crowds, the drama, and the scenery, particularly in the mountains where I can't help my self looking out for the ski runs

And yes fair credit due to Wiggins he has been the best overall. it will be interesting to see if Fruhm goes his own way next year or not. - he certainly does particularly well in the hills.

I've been following it online as I haven't got a tv! :sadface: But yeah, back in Blighty I always used to watch the Channel 4 highlights! :thumbsup: Go Bradley go!!

I also watched every stage this year.

Team Sky have ridden really well. I ride both mountain and road bikes. This area is great for both.

Amazing achievement! Well in son!

Given that's its Olympics though, the BBC will probably give all the Sports Personality gongs to the new Fatima Whitbread.

• 4 weeks later...
Lance Armstrong to be stripped of seven Tour de France titles and banned for life

Cyclist Lance Armstrong will be stripped of his record seven Tour de France titles and banned from the sport for life, the US Anti-Doping Agency said tonight.

Armstrong’s attorneys sent a letter to USADA today saying he won’t fight drug allegations by the agency that the cyclist called part of an “unconstitutional witch hunt.”

“We will have an official release tomorrow, but he will be banned for life and loss of results since Aug 1, 1998,” Annie Skinner, a USADA spokeswoman, said in an email.

The cyclist’s attorneys sent a letter to USADA today saying they wouldn’t seek arbitration in the case. His decision comes three days after a federal judge in Armstrong’s hometown of Austin, Texas, rejected the cyclist’s request to block USADA from proceeding with its case.

A lot of supposition going on in the courtcase. The usada say they have 10 people prepared to make a statement into his doping.

All they have to do, is take some of his blood samples and test them. Release the results to the public and then he is either exonerated or charged.

He's been retired for years, right? So blood samples now unlikely to show anything.

This US agency can't strip him of championships won (fairly or not) that aren't subscribed to its authority.

From what I've read he always passed the pee tests (which doesn't mean he didn't dope) so there's no verified evidence.

As a reader whose only opinion on cycle racing is that the helmets are tres dorky, why keep :horse: after so many years.

As a reader whose only opinion on cycle racing is that the helmets are tres dorky, why keep :horse: after so many years.

Because if he is guilty as so many people seem to believe he really is, he is a bastard that needs to be stripped of his many accolades that were got unfairly.

Quite easy really.