Shower time!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you usually shower for?

• I don't, I take a bath
    • Less than 5 minutes
    • 5 - 10 minutes
    • 10-15 minutes
    • 15-20 minutes
    • 20-25 minutes
    • 25-30 minutes
    • Over 30 minutes

I realize this may seem like a strange topic but my wife and I were having a conversation about this earlier this evening. She is convinced that the normal amount of time is at least 30 mins (obviously she doesn't pay the gas or water bills!). I'm in more the 7-10 minute range.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously don't live in a country where water retrictions are common.

Over here showering past a 3 minute egg timer is unusual.

Having said that we are having the wettest start to the year for yonks

About 10 minutes myself, though my morning one is usually a quick 5 minuter.

The lady usually spends about 30 minutes in there, not with the water on all the time I may add.

She has beautiful long hair, so I'll forgive her.

My lady would probably agree with yours BM.

She enjoys it though and not about to give it up and so no point in making a fuss about it, that's the way I look at it.

I just have a quick one in a morning and then probably 10 mins or so in the evening.

Just perhaps.... one reason why there's much more rancid dry sweat body odour back home than there is here in Japan is the fact that lots of folk don't bathe/wash themselves properly or regularly enough.

I can't imagine what it would be like if it was actually hot back home!

She enjoys it though and not about to give it up and so no point in making a fuss about it, that's the way I look at it.

I just have a quick one in a morning and then probably 10 mins or so in the evening.

I had to learn the hard way that this isn't going to change... oh well, can't win them all ;)

Just perhaps.... one reason why there's much more rancid dry sweat body odour back home than there is here in Japan is the fact that lots of folk don't bathe/wash themselves properly or regularly enough.

I can't imagine what it would be like if it was actually hot back home!

Got to agree.

A heady mix of overpowering perfume / aftershave and sweat is something I often notice when back overseas.

Hardly ever get the former here and much less the latter, though of course does exist especially in summer.

The Japanese ladies I have known (well enough to know about their shower habits) have been extremely clean and taken a fair while in the shower.

It seems excessive at times, but then again I like clean things.

:thumbsup:

About 10 minutes for me. We have the onsen as well so it's a wash...soak...rinse routine. My wife also spends at least half an hour or longer. BUT, you know most women are having a close personal relationship with the bathroom water faucet so it's hard to say if all that time is actually "showering" time. ;)

5 minutes tops! Washing the body doesn't take any longer! More water is not the answer, soaping up again isn't the answer.

+1 takes a little longer, maybe up to 7 minutes, but we are on tank water only, have no retic water and so have a conservative attitude to water use.

For example, we have dual flush toilets and a bio-cycle system to recycle the used grey (and black) water onto the gardens after treatment.

It's not as if it is an unlimited resource, after all!

I'm with you Muika, I have a quick one in the morning, then I have shower :D

Though ten minutes in the evening is asking a bit much

Can't speak for other people but for my lady the shower or bath is one of the highlights of the day, she truly loves it.

There'll be no rushing her!

I think lots of Japanese feel that way, rather than it be something to rush and get out of the way as quickly as possible.