How far away is the nearest drinks/vending machine....

I've 2 that are about 10-15 metres away in one direction and another 2 that are maybe 50 metres in the opposite direction. I was getting told that if people have them on their land then they can claim part of their rent/mortgage payments back against their tax as their property is also business premises. Is that true, Chris?

I've 2 that are about 10-15 metres away in one direction and another 2 that are maybe 50 metres in the opposite direction. I was getting told that if people have them on their land then they can claim part of their rent/mortgage payments back against their tax as their property is also business premises. Is that true, Chris?

Maybe, but the property that we have ours on is a business rental so it all gets lumped together. Also, it's kind of convoluted as we go through an intermediary business that handles the stocking of the machine and pays the electricity. We just get a flat monthly kickback. It's not much really .... but easy money is easy money.

700 m. Including beer and sake vending machines. Conveniently located just across the intersection from the local elementary school.

Only in Japan...haha...

A good 300 plus metres from my house if I walk to the main road that has a rest spot or about 500m if I walk north towards a bus stop in the middle of lots of rice fields

There's one right by the entrance to our place.

I hate it.

Glaring and seems to be a meeting place for all sorts of flying insects at night.

Do not like.

Closest one to me (not in Japan, obviously) would be around 9km away. And, NO, it doesn't sell beer! The pub across the road from it does that.

Oz does not have the obsession with vending machines for beer, hot and cold drinks tha Japan has. Most vending machines here have cold drinks!

We had a vendy at the local rec centre (also my closest vendy location) that delivered crispy hot fries for a few dollars... I thought that was pretty radical for an Aussie Vendy! Now replaced with an entire vending machine of bottled water...

We have 3 drink machines and 3 food machines in an alcove of the lobby of our apartmant building. (our apartment is directly above the alcove, but to walk, about 50m) 1 directly opposite the apartment entrance, 3 just up the road about 100m and 3 down the road 200m. Don't have to go very far for drinks or chocolate