..They do that goofy fake stumble or fall down on the ground maneuver. It's fitting for when kids do it because they are ...well....dumb. But adults...totally back hand worthy.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whereas on here everyone and everything always makes sense! Apart from ippy!

Japanese tv is basically a load of shite controlled by the same old people vetting "talents" to ensure they do the same things in the same old way. Japanese pop music is the same.

The whole cushy monopoly is supported by a lack of deregulation which has left the same old channels in charge with limited competition from satellite and cable channels as you see especially in the US.

Since Japanese people watch tv less and less (terebi banare), you can only assume that ultimately they don't like it either.

what annoys me is that its the same celebs on every TV show, even the game shows!! Regular people don't get a chance to win prizes, the celebs get to fatten their already fat wallets doing a whole lot of nothing....ridiculous. Those "variety" shows that are on every 5 minutes.....change the bloody record FFS!!

....they do the "oishiiiiii" thing on Oishii Programs.

I'm sure it always is the most incredible tasting ramen (or whatever) that they have ever tasted though! Beyond their wildest dreams.

what annoys me is that its the same celebs on every TV show, even the game shows!! Regular people don't get a chance to win prizes, the celebs get to fatten their already fat wallets doing a whole lot of nothing....ridiculous. Those "variety" shows that are on every 5 minutes.....change the bloody record FFS!!

Yeah its all closed shop. Making a tv program involves calling up some agency and getting three of theirs, two from somewhere else's, etc. etc.

The winner is the Japanese public who are increasingly switching off. You can bet the advertisers have already noticed.

As for who I want to slap, I'm getting a bit sick of isn't Japan WACKY type lazy journalism. Here's just one example.

http://www.guardian....s-to-parenthood

Note that

1. Japan's birthrate is actually going up, albeit slowly after bottoming out. It is not "crashing". That's what happened in the 1970s.

2. There are over 100 million cats and dogs alone in the USA(*). I doubt there are that many children. The Japan number of pets probably includes goldfish from local matsuri.

3. What the odd rich and possibly stupid madam or hipster-type in Tokyo might do is hardly representative of the whole country (unless you have a join-the-dots article to write)

(*) I'm pretty sure that's what one of those Fast Food Nation/Ominivores' Dilemma type books said, basically because pet food is part of the burn-oil-grow-corn-feed-animals-for-meat mega agricultural complex.

TBH Mr W, I see a lot of people with pets like that....in fact

.......people "walking" their dog in a pushchair!

Or walking them in the basket of their mama chari!

Thing is though, it's one thing for people to pamper their pets and another to be childless and keep a dog as a baby substitute. I reckon the stereotypical dolled-up poodle owner in Japan will not be an attractive lady of prime childbearing age who can't be arsed with children. It'll be some obasan who is at least fifty.