OK well it is up to me to reveal this place

Nakasato Kiyotsu in Tokamachi, not too far a drive from Ishiuchi using Route 353

http://www.snowjapan...hp?resortNo=650

The base building looks similar to those at Joetsu Kokusai which is actually close. In fact, apparently there were plans for them to be connected but that never happened. Indeed apparently it used to even be called 上越国際清津スキー場 Joetsu Kokusai Kiyotsu.

元々は、上越国際スキー場と繋げる目的で開発されたが、計画は頓挫し、このエリアは別のスキー場になった。

Sounds like an interesting story.

kiyotsu.jpg

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

OK well it is up to me to reveal this place

Nakasato Kiyotsu in Tokamachi, not too far a drive from Ishiuchi using Route 353

http://www.snowjapan...hp?resortNo=650

The base building looks similar to those at Joetsu Kokusai which is actually close. In fact, apparently there were plans for them to be connected but that never happened. Indeed apparently it used to even be called 上越国際清津スキー場 Joetsu Kokusai Kiyotsu.

元々は、上越国際スキー場と繋げる目的で開発されたが、計画は頓挫し、このエリアは別のスキー場になった。

Sounds like an interesting story.

kiyotsu.jpg

I should have known that one, my defence is I have never been!

Yes! Wow I didn't expect you to get that. You surely have not been to such a small place in deep Fukushima.

I was about to say how interesting it is that such small places can sometimes look like much bigger ones.

Yes! Wow I didn't expect you to get that. You surely have not been to such a small place in deep Fukushima.

I was about to say how interesting it is that such small places can sometimes look like much bigger ones.

You are right Tokabochi - I have never been there but my super powers of observation (and luck) took me there.

Here is my thought process -

Hmmn - I don't recognise the pic

There is a 'romance' lift in the pic, nice terrain but no ski or board tracks

So not over utelised - probably small as this thread is getting harder to pic and small skijo are being use more

Right - lets use Snow Japan's excellent Resort Finder function and punch in number of Lifts at say less than three

Lots of them - lets take a punt that it is going to be somewhere near Tokabochi's home (found on profile page)

That narrowed it to around 8 skijo

Let's start with the smallest

That led to Tadami and Ski Resort Tenei

ping pong

I should add that I only use my superpowers of observation for good, not for evil :)