• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

Not Niseko, don't know about Hokkaido scale, it's what ever scale Snow Japan use. I assume what the resort reports on their website, or in their brochures.

• SnowJapan Admin

We basically check with the resorts, and try to check other reliable resources to verify.

It's very difficult finding that kind of info for tiny places. The funniest experience was a place in Hokkaido we were trying to get info on. No website, no contact number, absolutely no info to be found apparently. We somehow found out that the ski hill was run by the town/village. My colleague called up the town office to try and get info....the first few staff didn't even know there was a skijo in their little town! After 4 calls and talking to about 7 people, eventually got some basics.

Funny. :lol:

Can't remember which one it was now...

While the photo does look a bit flat it can't be to bad, as the SnowJapan resort page says that snowboarders make up 60% of the visitors. And we all know that snowboarders hate the flat.

Some more numbers to help you out, some sites on the Interwebby thingy list it as 1 of 4, others as 1 of 7, and some have it as 1 of 16.

Some say no-one writes about it, others that it's all over in 7 minutes 30 seconds, after only 1,814m 95 cm

all we know is that it's called ..........