• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

The clues in case you are interested

30" Steepest makes it one of 87 resorts listed on SnowJapan

60% snowboarders, not search able, but can be used to verify a guess

numbers listed 1 of 4 resorts in Ehime, 1 of 7 Mt Ishizuchi is one of seven sacred mountains in Japan, 1 of 16 resorts according to SnowJapan that have one ropeway

Some say no-one writes about it, ie no reviews on the SnowJapan site, and it's all over in 7 minutes 30 seconds, after only 1,814m 95 cm; the travel time and distance of the ropeway

Not that place on; only Honshu and Shikoku weren't dismissed

Cluedo clue pointed to Yokomine temple close to Mt Ishizuchi

Finally mentioning it had a ropeway

Good clues should make you really think, and go what the ........ does that mean when you read them, and after the answer is revealed you should go that was so obvious how didn't I think of that. Well that's I think, and how I try to make my clues, and is how I usually feel after one of MO turns.

Two Aussie snowboarders on a trip to Japan arrived in Hakuba, and wanted to go boarding for a day. They noted the strange spelling of Tsugaike and tried to figure out, how to pronounce it Ts-u-ga-i-ke; T-sug-ik-e; Tsug-a-ike. They grew more perplexed..and decided to find out the correct pronuciation.

Since they were hungry, they went into a place to get something to eat. At the counter, one of the snowboarders said to the waitress:

"G`day. My friend and I can't seem to be able to figure out how to pronounce this place. Will you tell me where we are and say it very slowly so that we can understand."

The waitress looked at him and said slowly: "Kentuukkkyyy Friied Chickkken."

There is Kentucky at Mid Gondola Station at Tsugaike

• Like 1