Snows till 8:00 am then overcast, occasionally sunny. That keeps the snow in good nick and shows the mountain scenery off to its best advantage.

On Saturday the sun came out at around 4 pm after a whole day of snow, then set soon after. The mountains and trees went gold then pink - a fantastic sight, and perfectly complemented by a tinnie of Yona Yona Ale.

It comes in a gold can, is more bitter than most Japanese beer, has won international prizes, and goes well with a sunset after riding. I think you can probably get it in most shops that sell a variety of regional beers.

Bluebird days have their good points but I love waking up, looking out the front door and theres big fat flakes puking down because I know that most of the other chumps wont be out and that tracks will be filled over a couple of hrs after skiing them.

Also I hate getting sunburnt and no matter what I do I always get a bit browner on sunny days.

Gotta go with Fattwins on this one. Nothing like not being able to see your tracks on the last run. Happened to us last week and it was epic!

Sun is good in the spring but puts that damn crust on the fresh stuff pretty fast.

i like beautiful blue skies and warm sun- like it was on friday. today, though, was the worst riding weather. rain, crap snow, and absolutely zero visibility-- had no idea where i was going- way too scary. i'd brave it for pow, but not the snow-cone stuff that was out there today.

yes, I saw rain falling on snow today as well. Yesterday was blue skies, but the snow was as you mentioned - a snow cone slurpy minus the coloured flavouring (translation: colored flavoring).