Did 3 lines out the back of Happo on Sunday. the last line didnt record so oh well. Forgot to put on sun screen and im paying for it big time. Still great snow for 90% of the runs. Almost sluffed myself on the second line when I didnt feel the snow was good enough to straight line out of the bottom chute. Just pulled over in time. I included pics of the lines just so that you could get an idea.

• Like 1

Me too! Kinda thankful i have the pink gene. Two days of sunburn, then straight back to the exact same color i was before. Annoying when youre trying to look healthy and sunkissed, but awesome when you just got goggle tanned.

Yesterday was hell but today I feel much better. I was stupid really stupid. I climb many mountains every year and that I forgot or refused to ask a friend for sun screen once I knew I was being burned is beyond stupid. Anyways looks like this Sunday might be another good day to get some footage. Mid to high alpine season has begun. Cold weather for honshu returns in 2 days freeze levels around 800 meters plus or minus a few hundred meters. Watch out for glide cracks!

see, this si why id never be a backcountry rider. I looked at the pictures and thought "yeah, id have a crack at that!" but then saw the vid clips and thought "its gonna slide! its gonna slide! its gonna slide! its definitely gon... oh, youre safe!"

Im a coward by nature, and i also believe god is a malicious comedian deliberately trying to wind me up because he clearly has **** all else better to do with his omnipresence :/

That was funny thanks for the laugh. To each his own I guess. Much of the reason I choose Hakuba was to enjoy the mountains and the BC or easy access stuff. With 3 kids I can say that I do tend to take less risks. Also with money not a problem anymore invested in pretty much all the latest and greatest gear the airbag system. Now that isnt going to make it much safer but I think I owe it to my family to at least try to take less risks.

I'm a little with Ippy on this one. That looked like it could slip at the slightest disturbance and I think that having that in the back of my mind would kill my stoke for the adventure payoff. But, hey you are experienced to assess the risk and prepared for the worst case so it's good to see you guys going for it. Love watching your vids. I'm wondering where you hike out to at the bottom..??

this is the start of the season that I have to watch out for my baldy head. In summer I always wear sunscreen on the head but at this time of year I often think I'll be ok, only to find after 20 secs in the sun that my head is a deep pink colour!! :lol:

my face is peeling. Im having to wear a flu mask just to hide it :) God i love those masks. They get me out of everything from hangovers to days i cant be assed shaving, to actual illness.

I went through the peeling thing a few weeks ago. The only exposed part of my face was the tip of my nose and I torched it. I looked like rudolf for 3 or 4 days and then it peeled. Pretty goofy looking gaij.