... sat in an onsen (quietly ignoring the fact that there are old naked men near you) with a couple of tins of [insert name of your favourite alcoholic bevvy here] and seen the exact line you took down some of hokkaido's finest epic fluffiness...

http://vimeo.com/35493046

The onsen at Hakuginsou looking up at Tokachidake

6776510902_f0465ce698_b.jpg

6769984433_91bf7477ab_b.jpg

Niseko is just a small hill compared to this!

6776510982_607dbf7542_b.jpg

Hakuginsou looking down from the Volcano

6769984537_240f866999_b.jpg

Near the top of the Volcano

6769984733_ddcf0f4926_b.jpg

6776510862_ce6068e671_b.jpg

Made it to the top of the volcano!

6769984643_4d91d1cf0b_b.jpg

Just another average morning cleaning the snow off your car in Hokkaido in January!

6769983535_e206542399_b.jpg

Mmmm, the journey down...

6769984809_f4f0b4a303_b.jpg

Just my glove!

6769984005_ab57dcbd31_b.jpg

More fluffy goodness!

6769984107_a69b90e9f5_b.jpg

Token skier shot for you 2 plankers...

6769984195_a1a45e67a3_b.jpg

6769983697_04a3c0a026_b.jpg

Sweet!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: When someone asks you what your idea of a perfect day is, I guess that would be about it, unless of course it was a mixed onsen and the Japanese women's national snowboarding/skiing team [delete according to preference] rolled up! :D

Sweet!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: When someone asks you what your idea of a perfect day is, I guess that would be about it, unless of course it was a mixed onsen and the Japanese women's national snowboarding/skiing team [delete according to preference] rolled up! :D

and it was low tide!

Sick!

The first song had me going out of my mind trying to recall it but its chemical bros.

How long did it take to get up? How long did it take to get down?

Yes, 1st track on the video is chemical bros.

To the top of the volcano (which is not the top of tokachidake, but close) it took about 2-3 hours from hakuginsou (onsen/hotel). We did 2 laps of the volcano, if you got there early you could easily crank out 4 descents as you are not going all the way to the bottom each time (unless you like flat, deep powder). Descent took all of a few minutes, the top section of the volcano is naturally quite icy as it's exposed and we only really went to the top of crater just for the experience, not the snow. Lower down where it's less exposed the snow was really nice. The ski back to the car was mega flat, but that's where skiers suddenly become your best friends and cut you a nice track!

see! now thats how you do furano! :)

Actually speaking of youve never lived and onsens...

Youve never lived until you turn up to a sento that hasnt been redecorated since the 60s, has gokiburi running around it, has a chilli bath, and has an old man edging closer to you (to practice his english no doubt), who suddenly ends up right next to you jerking his little naughty bits and trying to touch your thigh.

Should you find yourself in hamamatsu anytime, i advise a trek to baden baden. :)

Youve never lived until you turn up to a sento that hasnt been redecorated since the 60s, has gokiburi running around it, has a chilli bath, and has an old man edging closer to you (to practice his english no doubt), who suddenly ends up right next to you jerking his little naughty bits and trying to touch your thigh.

Should you find yourself in hamamatsu anytime, i advise a trek to baden baden. :)

:lol: :lol: :kiss: :lol:

I think you were in Shinjuku 2-chome