Well we had very heavy snow from last night until lunch time today, unfortunately it was of the liquid variety, so a pretty crappy day it was today!

But most probably heading over to Kiyosato this Saturday with my wife and daughter as friday night into Saturday looks like like a good chance of fairly heavy snow!

Lower elevations here may get the dredded liquid snow again, but Kiyosato will certainly be snow!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where and what do you play Chris??       Yes, i did back in March - I'll dig out my info!

Nice!   Right, back to Kagura then. When I was there last March, they had both Ride and K2 stuff, no surprise really being the same company and all that! It cost 1,000 Yen to hire, or rather demo

Na...we're too lazy. We used to play some of the US bases up there but too far and too much hastle. We're good just not all that motivated.. :lol:

Maybe SJ will hire you for the SJ Christmas Party! Your band providing the music, Pies providing the pies, Cheeseman the cheese, videos up on big screen from Black Mountain, gozaimaas, Sand et al and a Christmas raffle for Muika's photos! Sorted! :D

Back to reality, what stuff do you play?

Weekend off the snow for me. Heading down to Tokyo for the marathon on Sunday. (seemed like a good idea last summer!)

You mean you're running it??? :omg:

Running, walking, stumbling, crawling. I'll be trying my best to get round, yeah.

Na...we're too lazy. We used to play some of the US bases up there but too far and too much hastle. We're good just not all that motivated.. :lol:

Maybe SJ will hire you for the SJ Christmas Party! Your band providing the music, Pies providing the pies, Cheeseman the cheese, videos up on big screen from Black Mountain, gozaimaas, Sand et al and a Christmas raffle for Muika's photos! Sorted! :D

Back to reality, what stuff do you play?

Isn't a party till the dancing girls show up.....Snow Huntress, MamaBear and Kiyochan... :wave:

Depends where we're playing. Classic rock stuff....Allman Brothers, Doobies, Eagles, Police, Billy Joel, Jeff Beck, Van Halen....etc...for most places. More Jazzy and light for the hotel gigs.

wheee! walk of shame. Was showing my mates around tokyo. We went round tyhe snowboard area for the funny (saw some steezy 80s looking sessions and volcom gear from 2011 WAY reduced (10,000yen for a jacket for example), then took them to roppongi hills so they could look at the tokyo skyline. While we were there, decided to show them a little bit of the cess pool itself.

By 11 realised this might be a bit of an issue... then missed the 11.33 train home. Took a chance that omiya might have a train so went there and voila! no train (: Now at work in exactly the same shit i wore yesterday and reeking of the tonne of garlic i put in my ramen yesterday :p

Tomorrow: Kagura!!! :)

Dirty stopout! :lol:

Depends where we're playing. Classic rock stuff....Allman Brothers, Doobies, Eagles, Police, Billy Joel, Jeff Beck, Van Halen....etc...for most places. More Jazzy and light for the hotel gigs.

Good stuff - wouldn't mind going to a gig one day! :thumbsup:

What did you do between late last night and this morning, ippy?!

Would it sound cooler if i said i walked home from omiya? Alas i just slept in a net cafe (kinda had a decent sleep since i had my beanie on and sound killing headphones).

Actually i think ill tell all my mates on facebook i had to walk home. :p

Taking a break this weekend, heading to the UFC fight in Saitama Super Arena (Sunday).

Is it just me, or is Spring seem to be here already? Been warm all week (in Tokyo). Need more winter!!! lol Oh well, it will be nice to ride some mountains and not have to bundle up!

Have a good weekend!

yeah Norcal, today could almost be described as warm...........hope we can squeeze a few more days/weeks outta winter yet, certainly in the mountain areas

not out this weekend, have a private to teach tomorrow......that reminds me, I haven't done anything to prepare for it :doh:

Well after humming and hurring Sat morning, it was a toss up between Kiyosato, Kusatsu in Gunma, which is the ticket I won, or Shirakawa kogen kokusai in Chino, Nagano!

Because of the dodgy weather, heavy rain at low altitudes, wet snow at mid altitudes and snow at high altitudes, I decided to give Gunma a miss just in case it was raining there, and instead opted for Shirakawa Kokusai, as the base of the resort is at 1500m elevation and was sure it would be snowing!

I was spot on. I went there last year with my brother, but this time took my daughter, and took her up the top, and hiked together to the 5k down hill forest course!

After that we just messed about skiing around on the slopes!

I hadn't been skiing for two weeks so was itching to go out despite the conditions.

It was actually good, apart from not being able to see anything, the snow it self was good, with about 15cm of fresh all over the place.

But after skiing in snow all day, we certainly agreed that although it was fun, you can't beat a heavy dump the night before followed by blues skies!

Although I said I would put up a few pics today, sorry will be tomorrow now I think, only took a few with my phone, so nothing to exciting!