Snow is forecast tomorrow and saturday morning :) It might actually not be a complete blow out this weekend after all... so... whats your plans?

Im in tokyo not snowboarding since my mates mum forgot to mail out his stuff so hes now binder free... though i have the back up plan of going to the ride shop at the base of kagura and letting him play on the berzerker and me play on one of teh ride decks for the day :p Maybe they also have a girly deck there or two as well so we can rope the missus in. Anyone used their services before? Might just grab a machete if they have one just so i can **** around on it :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where and what do you play Chris??       Yes, i did back in March - I'll dig out my info!

Nice!   Right, back to Kagura then. When I was there last March, they had both Ride and K2 stuff, no surprise really being the same company and all that! It cost 1,000 Yen to hire, or rather demo

It has been a shitty week thats for sure. I saw one of the myoko resorts due to be hit last night and today with about 18cm of rain which is just... you know :/

But silver lining... kagura has a predicted 11cms up top tomorrow night, and carrying on through the weekend itself. So actually might be alright conditions :)

Good to also see the freezing point is back down to zero for all of the next week (well, the 6 day forecast).

ah, my crystal ball merely extends as far as 6 days :) Youd have to ask someone who can read a weather report on that one. :) But im hoping it says "jesus christ! youre a ****ing idiot if you sit in your house playing computer games!"

Will decide on Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

The ms muikabochi can only ski weekends and so if the weather is decent we like to get out.

Perhaps another gnarly Mt Granview experience is on the cards, as last week at Maiko was just way too busy.

I doubt we can expect much conditions wise though.

Very 'spring' here it is at the moment.

Where and what do you play Chris??

Snow is forecast tomorrow and saturday morning :) It might actually not be a complete blow out this weekend after all... so... whats your plans?

Im in tokyo not snowboarding since my mates mum forgot to mail out his stuff so hes now binder free... though i have the back up plan of going to the ride shop at the base of kagura and letting him play on the berzerker and me play on one of teh ride decks for the day :p Maybe they also have a girly deck there or two as well so we can rope the missus in. Anyone used their services before? Might just grab a machete if they have one just so i can **** around on it :)

Yes, i did back in March - I'll dig out my info!

• Like 1

haha! you powder whore supermodel!

To quote terry kidwell:

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know how stoked I am on the snowboard scene. I have been riding for many years, but at the same time I became disconnected with the industry and scene. I just finished a tour that has taken me to the SIA and ISPO trade shows in Denver and Munich. It is so great to reconnect with old friends and meet many new ones. So cool to see so many young riders stoked for all the right reasons. Rails, parks, just taking runs all day, powder….it’s so great to see all the diversity and stoke in every aspect. Today’s new generation of riders seem to have a new energy and that fires me up!

Riding is one of my biggest passions in life and hitting these trade shows has not only been fun to see the faces, but it has driven me even more to get out and ride. I hope everyone in the industry has as much stoke as I do for snowboarding. When I saw the display of old boards at the Skullcandy booth and realized how the history is important to a lot of people, I knew I had made the right decision to go to the shows. Keep riding and you won’t ever lose the stoke. It’s easy to say, especially when you’re in your early 20s. Now that I’m in my mid 40s, I have had to make sure I get out there and ride as much as I can. The past few years have opened my eyes to what I missed when I took riding for granted and didn’t force myself to go. I will never make that mistake again. Riding, even at my age now, is more fun than it ever was! Life takes you down interesting roads and snowboarding is by far the most interesting thing I have experienced. It’s been more than 30 years of riding for me, here’s to another 50! -Terry Kidwell

Nice! :lol:

Right, back to Kagura then. When I was there last March, they had both Ride and K2 stuff, no surprise really being the same company and all that! It cost 1,000 Yen to hire, or rather demo a board and bindings for the day but what I did, because I'm a "greedy powder whore supermodel", was go back twice and change my set-up! I therefore rode 3 different boards with 2 sets of bindings! :D The only downside to that greed was having to come all the way back down to the Mistumata base each time but hey, beggars can't be choosers! ;)

• Like 1

Where and what do you play Chris??

Yes, i did back in March - I'll dig out my info!

I play lead guitar and vocals. Friday night ...Camp Fuji US base. Saturday night...a big hotel live show....Sunday...a new live house here in Ito. Next Tuesday a hotel charity event. Quite busy actually.

Nice! :lol:

Right, back to Kagura then. When I was there last March, they had both Ride and K2 stuff, no surprise really being the same company and all that! It cost 1,000 Yen to hire, or rather demo a board and bindings for the day but what I did, because I'm a "greedy powder whore supermodel", was go back twice and change my set-up! I therefore rode 3 different boards with 2 sets of bindings! :D The only downside to that greed was having to come all the way back down to the Mistumata base each time but hey, beggars can't be choosers! ;)

woah! thats pretty damn cheap! i doubt you will, but do you know if theyll just rent bindings? I want to see her on my space metal fantasy because i reckon shes gonna love it and it might get her stoked about snowboarding... actually maybe i should just look at the ride womens line for an equivalent since theyre both flat kick in effect.

I'm sure they would.....for a 1,000 Yen! ;)

Chris, do you ever play further this (Kanagawa) way??

Birthday weekend so out on the lash probably. :D

Happy Birthday MiJ!!! :cheers:

I'm sure they would.....for a 1,000 Yen! ;)

Chris, do you ever play further this (Kanagawa) way??

Birthday weekend so out on the lash probably. :D

Happy Birthday MiJ!!! :cheers:

Na...we're too lazy. We used to play some of the US bases up there but too far and too much hastle. We're good just not all that motivated.. :lol:

I think it's an outrage that SnowJapan do not offer cakes to birthday boys and girls any more.

;)

:cheers:

Pies..are MUCH better than cake. Perhaps we could petition a pie donation from the resident pie man. ;) Have a good one MIJ. :thumbsup:

• SnowJapan Admin

Yes sorry about that. We almost didn't move over to these new Forums back in September because of that. ;)

We do wish you a very happy birthday though, MIJ.

:wave:

Cortina is having a splitboard festival this weekend... but most likely I'll be home training instead. I've got a couple of projects on the go and things are starting to get a bit hectic.

Btw, which resort was it that was doing the free birthday lift tickets?

i beleive i may have talked my mate into coming to kagura this weekend - teeeheee! Hope hes reading this and replies since i still dont what his user name is and cant use his real name sans consent and HATE using the expression "my friend" :p

Well, looks like a weekend off for me - got a plan to go clubbing in Tokyo - some party in Nihonbashi. After that we have a plan to go to Hakuba the following weekend to take advantage of the tickets I got on one of the giveaways! Its really depending on the weather though - we are holding off for another good dump......!