Hey all, just got back from boarding in Niseko and seeing that it's still early in the season I'm considering a quick return later in the season, however I'm thinking that Shiga Kogen might be a good alternative and it's somewhere I haven't been before. Does anyone have any good information that might be helpful for Shiga Kogen? We stay in a nice family owned pension in Hirafu when we're there and we find that ideal plus we're partial to a mulled wine or two after boarding all day. Any info would help as it's still just an idea at this point.

Cheers.

arf arf arf arf! no such thing.. well, if your budget is like mine and you happen to travel on your own. If youre with someone it gets a little easier on the wallet though, but base yourself around ichinose since thats pretty much the center of everything (unless youre a skier of course, in which case Kumonoya or whatever its called is a fairly decent option).

I stayed in Yudanaka and bussed in both days.

I just googled 'skint' and 'pauper', lol.

(Do tell Norcal.......that's some wacky English right there.)

Well, I'm not a back packer but then again I don't need a deluxe room at the Tokyu either. Wife and kid are along, too so something reasonable..ya know.

:hijack: Sorry, back on topic. I have been to Shiga Kogen three times for a week at a time and Ippy's report is amazingly close to the mark, considering he was only there 2 days and being a boarder missed out on some gnarly terraine between Yakabitai and Okashiga.

No matter what your budget the whole area is definately worth checking out.

I just googled 'skint' and 'pauper', lol.

(Do tell Norcal.......that's some wacky English right there.)

Well, I'm not a back packer but then again I don't need a deluxe room at the Tokyu either. Wife and kid are along, too so something reasonable..ya know.

you should've googled "tubbs beave" you would've got

scootish skint pauper in one.