In the pompously titled Syncronicity II by The Police, Sting sings about 'having to shout above the din of our Rice Crispies.... We can't hear anything at all'.

Come on now Sting, they're not that loud are they?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG!! - Mick might have been on it when she sat down Hellooooooooo................Mick, are you in there mate?

Might be the only way Mick could slip out

Ponder no more pie-eater. Bond knows it's Blofeld, it's only Blofeld that takes a while to cotton on. It's Bond's disguise, you see. Becoming an Aussie, wearing glasses and speaking dubbed over does

Ahhh, that's what he must have been referring to snowjunky.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was spending way too much time pondering that one.

:thumbsup:

fear not eater of pies, it is better to waste time pondering than not to have pondered at all

Can't remember the 70's

You were possibly there, then! Or too young!

I have been told I was there, but so were many choices of mind altering substances

Hey, koko!!! How/where the hell have you bin?

You've just gotta be more intents! Mine always goes back in.

You must be folding it wrong!

Not exactly points to ponder, realy new definitions I guess but I couldn't be assed starting a new thread

These fit so well they should be in a dictionary.

ADULT:

A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEAUTY PARLOR:

A place where women curl up and dye.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANNIBAL:

Someone who is fed up with people.

CHICKENS:

The only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.

COMMITTEE:

A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST:

Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST:

Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

HANDKERCHIEF:

Cold storage.

-------------------------------------------------------

INFLATION:

Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MOSQUITO:

An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN:

Grape with sunburn.

SECRET:

Something you tell to one person at a time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

SKELETON:

A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.

TOOTHACHE:

The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW:

One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

YAWN:

An honest opinion openly expressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

and my favorite,) ======================

WRINKLES:

Something other people have, similar to my character lines.

note to self. do not camp in creek.

Well ... DUH!!! Creeks get wet when (or IF) it rains! Where was yer, mate?

camping ground. it has not rained in a month out west in griffith.

Well, Here, we've had July with around 200% of average rainfall, then Aug, Sep, Oct with well under 25% of average. Hot dry winds doing damage to the olive flowers (like drying them to brown before they get a chance to open, even!) not looking good for a decent harvest - BUGGER!

Griffith, hey used to stomp around there in younger days - was teaching at Coleambally '72/73, the years of Al Grassby (aka Al greaseball) and the $3 notes.

al grasby came from around here.

Yerp, he was the local member for a while during the Whitlam years. Spent a lot of time in the 72 election campaign spreading $3 notes (he buzzed the school and chuckeds out a huge bunc]dle of the notes - with the reverse showing "These notes are as phony as the Government's promises"