Why are snowboard gloves bigger than ski gloves?

Or actually are they?

I remember last year when I got some I ended up getting XL "boarding" gloves as they were a better fit than XL "ski" gloves.

Same this year.

Am I imagining it or is it so? (And why?)

Anyway fingers will be all toasty again with a good new pair bought yesterday.

That's about the only part of the snowboarding apparel I'm envious of.....warm gloves. I've yet to find a pair of ski gloves that I actually like. Ski gloves are like toasters.......haven't changed much in 50 years.

im keen to try those 3 fingered gloves

they seem seem a pretty new idea (well to me theyre new anyway) these things: http://hestragloves.com/en/gloves/alpine-pro/xcr-3-finger/

for me mitts are way too hot

sometimes gloves are way too cold

perhaps 3 figered gloves will be just right?

i wonder if Goldylocks skis or boards

Did you change brands between the two?

I don't know of any brands that make larger fitting gloves on purpose. Since unused space in a glove contributes to colder fingers, it would not work well for them. Basically the more compact and insulated a glove is, the warmer it will be. If there is open space in the glove, it's more area your fingers have to heat.

It should be the difference in brand or model, I don't think there's a difference in size for skiing/snowboarding specific that I have ever heard of.

It may be imagined but I have tried on gloves by the same brand here in Japan and their XL boarding one was larger than the skiing one. Was slightly different looking, but both were XL.

DiGriz --- lusting after some gloves?! Not my bag really ;)