Hi Guys

Finally got some more points (Frequent Flyer) and am ready to book.

Any preferences for early Feb or Late Feb?.

I noticed on accomodation website that Feb the 10-12 was an additional cost is there a special holiday?

Still don't know where I am going yet just the dates for now.

Seemore

My first two years in late feb ended in soft & slushy on the lower runs (Nozawa)

Last two years in early feb have been epic for freshies and generally good conditions over my three week stay ( Nozawa. Myoko, Shiga)

Go for early Feb, I don't think the weather is going to be so good from mid feb for a couple of weeks, it is likely to warm a fair bit, before turning much colder again early part of March! This is just my prediction of course.

I've gone late Feb in 09 and 10 to Shiga Kogen.

09 was a bad year comparatively. Base wasn't as deep, but with at least a couple of good sprinklings to keep it fresh it was still enjoyable.

2010 had far more base, with snow starting at yamanouchi compared with half way up the mountain. We didn't have many sprinkles or falls though, so some runs were getting concave from ski schools. Still plenty of powder around if you go towards the outside of runs.

If you're worried, pick whatever resort you're thinking about and check the archives for the past 5 or 6 years to get a well rounded idea of base vs falls and conditions.