• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely.   What a beautiful mountain in it's own isolated symmetrical way.

Just send it up here instead.

Looking like some snow to lower levels in the first few days of October. Up in Hokkaido the snow level should get down to around 1000m. Pretty early for snow that low. Wouldn't read anything into it for the coming season though.

There was snow up there Yamanashi side this evening, didn't have my camera with me so did not take a photo, but was about the same amount.

I will most probably all melt in the next three days as supposed to be a little warmer, before turning a lot colder during Sunday.

Very nice Tubby.

Just a shame about the damn power lines. But we are used to that now and can filter out. ;)

yeah unfortunately the power lines are in the way......at least my eyes can filter them even if my camera can't! :D

yeah unfortunately the power lines are in the way......at least my eyes can filter them even if my camera can't! :D

The view of Mt Annupuri from my house in Kutchan is similarly obstructed (and not quite as spectacular as Fuji). God I wish they'd put them underground! :angry:

4340004824_edabbcedbc_b.jpg

I wasn't aware there was any sort of widespread plans to put power lines underground. I know a few select areas have done it, mostly for the aesthetics from a tourism point of view. So it was a considered a major contributing factor to the nuclear disaster?

In Australia all new subdivisions of land for housing must have underground power. We are a little more seismically stable though! ;)

First snow on Mt Yotei today. Not worth taking a picture at the moment due to all of the cloud, but will do tomorrow if it is clearer.

You may even get a little dusting on top of Annupuri out of this system!

Since the view of Mt. Fuji is from my backyard I don't have anything obscuring it. Being only about 30 kms away puts it almost in my backyard ;)

Bang goes the case of aki aji being sent down then.

Git. ;)

I do miss my weekly trips into Fujisawa on the sotetsu line with it's majestic views of Mt Fuji