So where do you buy your gear? Discount? Full Price?

Up here in the North we have Takeda Sports for buying last years gear at a huge discount. I'm not sure if you guys have that down south. Personally, I could care less about having the latest and greatest and go for the best deal. Last year I bought my Rossi 9X Pro 10.2's (originally 700+ dollars) for only Y12,800. This year I found the ski I wanted - K2 Enemy twin tippers for Y14,800. And to boot - huge discounts on bindings for both pairs of skis. I finally found some boots that fit me this year (some Salomons) for super cheap also.

By the time I leave this great country - if I ever do - I'm going to have 5 or 6 pairs of great skis. Ah hell, I may buy a board one of these years too just to show everyone how easy it is \:\)

So where does everyone get their gear? Does anyone actually pay full price? Is it different for boarding equipment?

Plucky,

This is my first year at boarding so I really don't know much, but my mates all pointed me to Ochanomizu for some good deals. Picked up a Forum explorer for 18,000 as part of a set with some K2 V8 plasmas and Vans fargo boots all for 50,000, at K-box. Had a friend haggle for me in Nihon-go. Good board to start out on but a bit heavy for jumps. And no, I didn't buy it for the name, just the cheap price.

I was wondering if the best time to buy a new board (or any equipment) is the end of this season or pre season next year. My guess would be next year for a 02/03 model. I looking at a K2 Sly model, anyone ridden one or could recommend a good all mountain board? Just getting into jumps but love to free-ride so maybe keep the bigger Forum and go for a freestyle board? Any advice would be welcome. Sorry, bit off topic I know!

Aqua Romance in Hachinohe, Takeda Sports, and off the net. I paid full price for the stuff in the beginning of the season at AR but less than half price for Momo's new burton board from TS. The service at AR is great though. My Burton PSIs broke, they sent them back to Burton and I'll get a brand new 2004 pair in October. I bought my custom from them so they wax it free any time I want to bring it by...too bad they're on the other side of Hach or I'd take it every week.

Bought my Flow Pro Comp BX bindings from GearDirect on the net. Got them in only 4 days - that was pretty quick.

I'll be looking soon for a free style board to compliment my custom...

I too was like are friend plucky the last couple of years. Buying stuff off the japanese internet, so cheap, got to pairs of great skis with bindings 60000 yen.

This year I so want the new fattwins and I just couldnt wait. I looked for 6 monthes and they were just to hot an item to be discounted. got taken to the cleaners, but the best skis I ever bought. The wifes skis were cheapish about 40000 for good fat skis. SHOGANAI

• 1 month later...

make friends with one of those people who have to have the latest and best stuff. I got some skis from someone who only got them in Jan but the new atomic Big daddys were too much of a temptation and he sold me his skis and got new ones. So now i'm the proud owner of Pro Model K2 Seth Pistols!!!