• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty bad around here.

Friend I know their first floor which is basically the garage was completely filled with water, and now with mud.

Not sure if his car will be ok now after being completely submerged and with all that mud....

Good to hear from you Sanjo. Glad you are OK. smile

Was driving my boy home from the airport last night, umm..this morning (3am) and the downpour was "drop to 40km/hr so you could see SOMETHING" heavy - he said

"What is going on with the world Mum, this is just like it has been in Korea!"

I thought Global Warming was supposed to bring more rain to monsoonal area's and less rain to arid area's. Well I know you guys are monsoonal - but we aren't. I have never seen rain like this over a sustained period in Perth before. Is it usual for you guys at this time of the year?

And yet you've had a terrible drought in the that part of WA MB with dams at barely 25% capacity and a large region having the lowest ever rainfall on record. I think maybe you've just forgotten what it's nornmally like in Perth in winter as you've not had a 'normal' winter for quite sometime. About time you got some good rainfall I reckon!!!

latest1.lr.gif

Quite likely GN.

Of course there have been lengthy fine weeks previously, and in past years - I think this summer we cracked a record number of days without ANY rain at all.

But this past couple of weeks has been quite extraordinary.

Still some mad rain at times. Last night and tonight by the sounds. But not like it was 10 days ago.

Still some disruption. I heard part of the Joetsu line near J Kokusai has broken up and so the trains aren't moving. Muikabochi away now so he can't report.

Weather has been very strange this summer. It's almost like rainy season keeps on making a comeback and had some real deep water the other day in these parts.

• 2 weeks later...