How did that frog get there?

I get quite offended the way frogs and geckos just hurl themselves off buildings when they see me coming, as if I was trying to kill them or something. It really makes me want to kill them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Ocean11
I get quite offended the way frogs and geckos just hurl themselves off buildings when they see me coming, as if I was trying to kill them or something. It really makes me want to kill them.

I can help ya with that.. wink
Originally Posted By: griller
Originally Posted By: sanjo
I was just about to do that. Prepared the route down, the newspaper to hold him in....... slowly opened the window --- and he jumped. Must be 5-6 meters. I don't know if froggies can survive that but he will have landed in a vegetable patch. Hope he's ok.

sadface

Amazing he survived it.
When I was a kid, I experimented jumping off a 2nd floor ledge..... and broke my leg!!

I tried to parachute of my garage roof with a bin bag.......didn't work, thankfully I didn't break anything

Funny on Friday night I went out for a meal at a local restaurant. They have a few trees just outside one of the windows. Counted 20 small froggy fellas either on the window or just on a branch nearby. Loads of them! I suppose if lots of them didn't get run over by cars or eaten by crows etc, we would be in Land of the Frogs.

Talking of creatures on the road, I had tp stop the car today on a country road .... there was a tortoise crossing the road. When I say crossing it was more like having a nap on the road. When I gpt out to try and shuu him on, he went into 'in shell!' mode, so I had to pick him up and move him to the side of the road.

I love frogs. Glad the little fella and his mates were all OK Sanjo. Clever thing - jumping all that way.

I have had a gecko inhabiting my picture rail in the bedroom for a while - much prefer him to the usual creepy that comes out of there (the hairy huntsman spider).

THIS

gecko_0010.jpg

AS opposed to THIS...

hantsman_spider1.jpg

That's Australia right? Those animals were all saved from certain death by Steve Irwin. That's probably Steve's hand in the photo, saving that big spider from dehydration by the curbside.

Hey Sanjo,

Is there a light near by... they could be chasing bugs attracted to the lights... or maybe it is just cooler on the AC unit smile

Frogs are very good climbers, well at least green tree frogs are.