The daft things people say/ask thread

a JHS asked a good friend of mines (Canadian) if she found it difficult to wash her face in the morning, perplexed my friend said that she didn't, then the class TEACHER piped up..."yeah, with gaijin's big noses it must be difficult to get access to your face" doh

not really daft but it cracked me up. today I had the special needs class and usually there are about 7 of them but today there were only 3. One of the kids was nsinging his heart out and randomly running around class, the teacher is a student teacher and he was having trouble controlling him. He eventually gets the kid to sit in the back of the class while I get the game started, I shouted over and asked if he wanted to play, to which he said he did. The teacher then asks him...

HRT: If you want to play you have to stop singing....will you stop singing?

Kid:Stop singing? Hmmmm.......no I won't stop singing"

lol

I had to turm around and swallow a large laugh!!

At the risk of saying something "daft" myself, data does in fact have mass according to the stuff you should know podcasts. So in theory, the dude asking about your iPod getting heavier isnt as daft as one first thought :-)

I was out in Sapporo one night chatting to a couple of Japanese girls. One had obviously seen some documentary on Coober Pedy in Australia where quite a number of people live underground to avoid the incredible desert heat above. She was convinced that all Australians lived this way! Took some persuading that we don't!!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I was out in Sapporo one night chatting to a couple of Japanese girls. One had obviously seen some documentary on Coober Pedy in Australia where quite a number of people live underground to avoid the incredible desert heat above. She was convinced that all Australians lived this way! Took some persuading that we don't!!

Dumb chicks......sheesh...If that were really the case, how could you put a "shrimp on the barbie". wink

I often get people ringimg me up to tell me that their air conditioning is no longer running. I ask them

"Is the room cool"?

"Oh yes" they reply.

confused I'm not sure how to proceed with the coversation from that point.

Classic thread GN i especially know where you are coming from with yours just last night a lady friend asked me about Christchurch - Like `Do people have jobs there ?` I was perplexed but her image was ust that it was like a massive retirement home with a couple of golf clubs to keep residents occupied-

The preconceptions are unreal sometimes you wonder if they are just having you on -

By far the daftest though was a dumbass canadian chick at a Bar in Akasaka-

She asked my friend what he did and he said he was a `Headhunter` to which she replied `Oh my God` gasping with hand over her mouth -

maybe you had to be there but it was too funny

A mate of mine was in Las Vegas a few years back. He was getting a lap dance at some club and had a chat with the young lady. For some reason he was acting as though he was from South Africa and putting on a Saffa accent (he's actually an Aussie). She asked him where he was from and he told her South Africa. She asked "where is that?". Somewhat perplexed he said "I'll give you a hint love, Souuuth Africa". She replied "Is that in Europe?"

That's a true story!! lol

lol USA has some u.s.centric peeople. I was asked "Did you drive here from Australia?", thinking it was a joke I said "Yes but the bridge is now underwater". "Really, how will you get home?"

Canadian at a popular Native Canadian tourist destination told me (and was a little offended when I didn't believe people were that stupid) he has been asked numerous times where you can get seeds from to grow the Totem poles.

It makes sense.

Apple are obsessed with their devices being slim and smaller.

So with all that data bloating them up.... it's why they limit the amount of GB's on the devices.