• 1 month later...

Not keen on humidity myself but I do look after my gear.. too much $$ invested in it all. Worth a good clean up and making sure it is stored good. nothing worse than early season getting stuff out and getting a shock.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
This is how I do it now. Fresh wax goes on at the beginning of the season, not at the end.
If I were in Japan and humidity is the problem, then I´d have my gear indoors where there´s Air-Con.

Jynxx_63.JPG

OMG that's just waiting for an earthquake! That photo actually made me anxious.

Currently our stuff is leaning against a wall, we're waiting on EQC stuff before we can empty the garage and set up a little table for servicing our gear and brackets for storing it.
Originally Posted By: MintyNZ
This is how I do it now. Fresh wax goes on at the beginning of the season, not at the end.
If I were in Japan and humidity is the problem, then I´d have my gear indoors where there´s Air-Con.

Jynxx_63.JPG

Currently our stuff is leaning against a wall, we're waiting on EQC stuff before we can empty the garage and set up a little table for servicing our gear and brackets for storing it.

he lives in Germany......not 100% sure but don't think they are troubled so much with quakes
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: MintyNZ

Jynxx_63.JPG

he lives in Germany......not 100% sure but don't think they are troubled so much with quakes

Oh the carefree whims of those who live in tectonically stable climes.
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
I think that Hokkaido might be the only place that escapes the humidity. Most of Japan is considered a subtropical climate. Here in Shizuoka I think we have one of the worst summers and the humidity can be unbearable for people from colder climates (like myself). Luckily, I've lived here long enough that it doesn't bother me much anymore...

You do actually get better at coping with it then?
Or just put up with it.

Wouldn't want to live somewhere with high humidity.
Give me cooler or cold any day.

dunno if getting used to it is the right phrase.....more you learn to live with it or tolerate it. For me it ain't so bad as I live near the beach and can cool off in the sea, wouldn't like to be stuck in a big city like Tokyo during summer