Here are some pics from today after heavy snow last night.

Thought I would also try my new car out properly in very deep snow, it handled driving through snow 50cm deep even going up hill too, so I am more than happy with it.

Anyway a few pics from today to enjoy.

snowdude00_76.JPG

The mountains around Kofu

snowdude00_78.JPG

Looking down at Kofu

snowdude00_77.JPG

snowdude00_81.JPG

snowdude00_82.JPG

snowdude00_80.JPG

Deep snow 40+cms no problem for the Delica!

snowdude00_79.JPG

snowdude00_83.JPG

snowdude00_84.JPG

NO! Delica is by Mitsubishi, Celica is from Toyota, I think.

Actually DELICA is short for Delivery Car, as the original concept of the first Delica was a car that could be used for delivering things, hence the name, which seemed to have stuck throughout the five generations of Delica.

No idea if there is a Belica!

Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Nice pics and nice Delica! I was ...thiiisssss close to buying one a couple years ago. Flipped a coin and went with the LandCruiser.

Funny that, I actually looked at the land criuser, even took one for a test drive, but in the end went for the Delica, because of luggage space and the fact that all the seats can fold flat to make a bed, should we wish to have a rest for an hour or two while out.
Land cruisers are nice cars though.
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Yamanashi is one of my favouite areas in Japan, and those pics go a long way in justifying that.

Have you been to that houtou place snowdude? if so, is it any good?

Yes been to several different houtou places here, and the taste varies between each one. My favourite one is a little houtou restaurant just accross the road from the north exit of Kofu station, very tasty indeed!
It is basically NABE, pot food, with potato, pumpkin, noodles, mountains vegetables in a thick soupy source. Very good in winter.
Originally Posted By: big-will
Very nice pretty pictures (thanks snowdude!) but how does that look like Yamanashi and not anywhere else?

True many mountain areas look similar actually, but the pics are most definately from here in Yamanashi!
Originally Posted By: snowdude

Yes been to several different houtou places here, and the taste varies between each one. My favourite one is a little houtou restaurant just accross the road from the north exit of Kofu station, very tasty indeed!
It is basically NABE, pot food, with potato, pumpkin, noodles, mountains vegetables in a thick soupy source. Very good in winter.

I think I know that place, do they do a pork special that is basically slabs of pork belly in a cast iron pan?

I saw a TV programme the other day about a ramen shop in Chiyoda-ku that serves up what appeared to be a huge slice of Pork belly.....a quarter of it or something on top of their ramen......looked well oishiiiii!!

Very nice pretty pictures (thanks snowdude!) but how does that look like Yamanashi and not anywhere else?

True many mountain areas look similar actually, but the pics are most definately from here in Yamanashi!

Don't get me wrong snowdude, looks lovely and I wasn't doubting that it was Yamanashi!

I was just asking why it 'looked like Yamanashi' as it looked to me like it could be so many places in Japan. That's all.

friend

Don't get me wrong snowdude, looks lovely and I wasn't doubting that it was Yamanashi!

I was just asking why it 'looked like Yamanashi' as it looked to me like it could be so many places in Japan. That's all.

friend

Yeah I see what you mean, just looking at pics of snow in the mountains could be anywhere in Japan!
So many places here do look a like.

Nice to see pics from other areas too, if anyone has!