• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Im a dufus. We had snow here last night but not knowing anything didnt think it would be enough for the Fish so rode the Lib Tech which was still great as it wasn't bottomless wink But rode most of the day with a guy who had his out. Could have easily used it especially getting 1st tracks most of the morning. If it snows tonight its bindings on. smile

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Well Im a dufus. We had snow here last night but not knowing anything didnt think it would be enough for the Fish so rode the Lib Tech which was still great as it wasn't bottomless wink But rode most of the day with a guy who had his out. Could have easily used it especially getting 1st tracks most of the morning. If it snows tonight its bindings on. smile

naughty

Thanks again BM, love your work. REALLY appreciate it.

I was worried how it would be out of the pow but it rocks. Thanks too Jynxx for suggesting the 160. This thing seems to drive itself up hills on trails. Amazing board. Although its a tease, makes you feel like you are Jeremy Jones, but the hill soon reminds you that you arent. wink smile smile smile

• 2 months later...

i searched long and hard for this thread through six pages of other interestiung threads that i kept clicking on and reading (turning this from a 2 minute seacrh into around an hour search).

Seasons over mister, gimme the lowdown on the fish (preferably with a hint of nostalgia fabricating the idea you spent your entire winter cloud surfing)!

The Fish is the bomb, as simple as that. If I could only have one board out of the 3 I have it would be it as I love pow days and it excels whilst still able to ride groomers etc. It was money, time, stress, friendships well spent, getting it. Do yourself a favour. There may be other boards better but like a good girlfriend as I now know, you are most times much better off with what you have.

"Its a love affair

Jesus and my fish"

apologies to Al Jorgensen

ha! my charlies fine mate. Im really tempted to get a 158 just to see if it fits that all mountain ride i really think its capable of. The 164 is awesome in pow, actually, thrilling is probably a better word, and it seems actually a lot more playful than youd initially think, but its still a bit too much board for cruising on. The 158 might very well be a spectacular ripper a bit more like like the bsod only with s-camber and a taper instead of directional twin and camrock.

Have never ridden either but I did demo next year's Ride Slackcountry (157) at Kagura a couple of weeks ago and was impressed how it dealt with everything.

Great choice pete!

I've a question: for a girl, 168cm x 48kg it's indicate a fish 156 or she can handle a 150(2010 s-rocker fish 150cm)?

She's looking only for a powder board.

Thank's!

Hey Giorgio, as an example, I'm 180cm 80kg and ride a 156 Fish (2007 model before the s-rocker). It's a very comfortable size board for me. I think you can reduce 4-6cms from your normal board length when riding a Fish. What does she normally ride?

She normally ride a 149, she's a great controll of the board, she like woods and open bowls, for this reason i'm asking if something long will be great (another option is a volkl selecta 158).

you think will be good for deep powder?

Next year she come with us to niseko for a month and the perfect board is an obligation:D

For BC she has a splitboard, so we're looking for a specific powder board

Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
What was the deal with the demo, Mick?

There was a portakabin place in the Mitsumata car park with Ride banners all over it and as I have a Ride Machete, I went in for a butchers and found next year's boards (and bindings) lined up to play with! biggrin

You could pay 500yen for half a day or 1,000Yen for the full day and chop and change as often as you wanted. I was keen to try out the different types of rocker and managed to ride 3:- a 157 Slackcountry (with Highrize rocker), a 155 Berzerker/Jake Blauvelt Pro model (with Hybrid rocker) and a 155 Machete (with Lowrize rocker). The best 1,000Yen I've spent in a while! thumbsup