I'm playing with my new GoPro camera, mounted at the end of a pole. Here I was filming holding the camera about a foot above the board, on a mellow run through a Hakkoda forest.

Aye? Nay?

Conditions look good!

That's the first pointing forwards pole-mount film I've seen. Like a helmet cam but clean without the spray.

For folks who've never seen one, pointing backwards gives you something like this.

I'm still trying to figure out how to best use this camera. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how to edit videos. confused

This season has been unreal, I haven't seen so much snow since 2005~06. Unless we get an unusually warm spring, I'll be snowboarding June 1st biggrin

Originally Posted By: oo

I missed that so thanks! Me like lotsa pow!

yamabushi
Mellow vid brother. More like a bird flying through the woods than snowboarding. If you hadn't said it was shot low down, I wouldn't have known. There seems to be more of an effect for the mountain bike guys with gopros on their forks.

It´s a beauty mate.

I really like the situation. We don´t have those nicely separated trees where we are. They are on steep and not much space in between. I don´t like it. Not do-able.

My missus declared that we need at least trees 7 meters apart.

Funny how she came up with the number, but looking at your vid, that´s what she´s talking about.

I like the detached, layed back approach to the filming you did. The first half until you stopped at the bump is great.

That would be my edit point, if you don´t mind me suggesting.

You were also on fresh pow. Very attractive situation.

I saw a chute to the right of that (where you went left over that bump) mmmm... curious.

Anyways, I´m sure you´ll have lots of clips and work it out with editing to produce something special. Potential ++

Thanks for that thumbsup biggrin