• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd bring this one back up as I was asking about Tenjin in another thread.

Joetsu Kokusai - weekday - no more than 5 mins, often much less and a fair few times no waiting.

Top tip for Maiko.

If you get there and there's a big queue for the Gondola, never fear!

Just get that quad next to it, then the second quad up to the bowl area. No need for the Gondola. Not many people seem to realise that when I have been on busy days.

Was in Hakuba this weekend.

Pretty busy I thought but only to be expected.

Most I waited was 10 minutes for a pair lift bit of a bottleneck on Happo.

Will try to get some pics up soon.

Inawashiro was not that busy at the weekend, after lunch there was a large queue at the bottom pair lift, but the quad just a short walk up the hill from there was empty and it takes you further up the mountain so we took that

Niseko 17-25 Feb

Wait was between 0-25min. 25min waits were for gondola and Ace 4 quad lift (bottom lift) on busy mornings and when upper mountain was closed. Other Niseko resorts were very uncrowded. no queues

Was surprised at some of the queues in Hirafu as in Jan 2010 we had no queues at all. Sometimes it felt a little like queuing at home in NZ. Overall still worthwhile though.

Niseko-

The only time you have to wait is in the morning at the hirafu gondola and when the peak opens after a few days of new snow.

Other than that no ques anywhere. Kurodake and Kiroro have been entirely empty.

• 3 weeks later...

Was at Nozawa for a short while today.

No lift lines, in fact, not many people at all.

Still fairly regular very small aftershocks in the region every day, that might be putting off a few extra people.

But if you want the lower slopes of Nozzle to yourself, now is the time!