• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hand still knacks by the way. Though im stilll not entirely convinced its anything other than my body trying to stop me wasting money riding a (formerly) snowless mountain.

Ipster, I told you not to deck that guy. You only have yourself to blame.

Here are some photos from today. the link lift. you can see the wind blowing quite a bit.

kokodoko_32.jpg

and here is an arty shot of the trees.

kokodoko_33.jpg

It was actually pretty hard to take photos of any skiing during the day because the visibility was really bad. It was blizzarding for most of the day on and off.

Originally Posted By: MummySkier
Where is the Tomamu review Mick, we are thinking of going there next year.

I'm not sure how to post a link to another post but if you type Tomamu into the search box, it'll be the top entry. I guess I should have done a proper review instead of resurrecting a previous post! slap

Back to Furano, it should be good up there tomorrow if the wind dies down clap

I been here 5 weeks so far, with about another 4 to go before I head back to Kanto via Niseko, Rusutsu, Hakkoda, and as many resorts as I can get to in Niigata-ken and Nagano-ken before I reach my credit card limit!! lol

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Furano worth such a long experience? Or are you just using it to chill out in one place, so to speak.

I was here last season and made a few friends, etc, plus it's a good base for day trips to Kamui, Asahidake and Tomamu. Not a party town but lots of good cafes and onsen - I guess it's an age thing wink

I will, of course, be taking some cheesy photos at Hakkoda et al!

koko,

Man, you knew I was there a couple years ago, had a blast then!

It is a great place to slide, and a day trip to Kamui makes it soooo nice! The fact that the town is but a short walk away from the resort at Furano makes the "cultural ingestion" that much better.

I'd be back there in a wink, but I have sooo many more places to ski, that it'd be sad to stick to one place.

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
well i had a good day today. maybe about 20cms.

Yeah, it was good first thing but then the sun warmed things up and the holiday crowd arrived, so I called it a day by 12 - the luxury of a season pass! lol