JR View Plaza has a special deal for the 20th anniversary of Gala Yuzawa Resort.

On Thursdays from January 20th until March 17th, the price for round trip shinkansen from Tokyo and Gala lift ticket is JPY 6,900. Coincidentally, 6,900 is exactly the price of a one way ticket from Tokyo to Gala Yuzawa.

The special is not mentioned on the Gala resort page, but it can be found on the JR Ski Ski page. With the Southern area of the resort finally open, it should be a fun way to spend a Thursday.

See you on the slopes,

One more thing, forgot to mention that the 2.5 km run from the "top" to the bottom (previously only accessible by gondola) has been opened up. There even is a contest to name the course...

Thanks for the heads up, I have seen those previous news articles, and I guess that my point was that they have a "naming contest" going on. Perhaps this will also prevent people from being stranded up top if/when heavy winds make the gondola shut down...

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Yeah, no cheap deals from here!
course there is. Tokaido line up to Tokyo, jump the gate and head into the Shink with your cheapo ticket and voila! wink