• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on line for a wee while bit a bit sad in my neck of the woods.

Got results from MRI and they were far from good.

Confirmed my ACL complete tear, meniscus tear and also just to top it off a small tear in my medial ligament.

So both knees match now, go me.

No snow for me this season and depending on when i get the OP prob not next year either.

I guess at least i busted my self in Japan, makes the story a bit cooler i guess. smile

Never thought I would say it, but it is a quicker recovery from a nasty broken leg!

#3 son rode at Thredbo in July, severely broke his leg in August, and was cruising the POW in Hakuba in mid January - not only did he NOT miss a season, he did not miss a Northern OR SOuthern season. Pretty good going.

However Papabear, with his ACL repair wrote off 12 months.

The good news CptSlow is that Papa's knee is as strong as it ever was. You will get there. Just keep talking snow, and rehab for snow, and the time will pass quickly wink

• 2 weeks later...

That's unfortunate. Well, good luck with the operation and I hope the recovery and physio goes smoothly.

Out of curiosity, is your previously repaired other knee back to "100%", or do you have any lingering issues with it?

My knees are actually starting to give me a bit of grief this year, actually before winter came. Have held off going to some nasty doctor type as it isn't real pain but it hasn't cleared up and so I might just do that. You're right though knees should be made stronger! grandpa

When I see some of them wiggly skies doing the moguls. veryshocked

gnarly-dude,

don't put it off (says she of the impossible to take her own advice).

It might be an easy fix - a physio might be the best solution.

For me, a tight ITB was causing my patella to track wrong which left me in a world of knee pain - for YEARS. Now that I keep the ITB "reasonable" it is something that bothers me only occasionally. Worth the effort! wink