I just had 2 excellent days, one in Nozawa the other at Kagura. Amazing snow out there folks - difficult to believe the date when you look at the calendar. Not complaining, mind. Mid January conditions out there. Long may it continue!

Hurrah!

clap.gif

oh man, my brain is bleeding from this uncalled for torture.

what i need is a little hole where i can curl up and try to forget all about snow.

im still having wicked days when i get out, but i can no longer bear the bus trips that r requisite to the fun.

i can appreciate that true dedication requires a move to an abode of greater convenience. but as i rub my crystal balls, all i can see is future far from the fluff.

those who also share my work allergy will empathise with the difficult situation this will lead to.

oh the pain, the pain.

Mikazooki we have had cars going up there all year. We have tried to get more people envolved but it just didnt happen. for the next 2 weekends I will be up there, although we will be doing overnighters. after that april will see us up there for 1 or 2 more weekends.

Got your email I will respond.

My wife comes along every week dont be afraid to bring your girl. My wife can ski the trees almost anywhere.

My japanese friends are actually going jet skiing this weekend. I would join them but trailers for my skis are in my back yard with 3-4 feet deep snow between them and the street and I have no way of getting the trailers out. \:\(

I guess I'll go snowboarding at Hakkoda instead.

I had to take a day off work and went to Kagura on Tuesday. Sure it was windy and the chairs were slow, but very very few people, and tracks disappear in half an hour. The snow was as light as Niseko in Janurary, and deep. Way deep. Today probably would be perfect condition. Guys get outta there, this probably will be the last cold spell of the season!

\:D

I hear ya db. When I got back home and almost a metre of snow on my doorstep I felt a bit cheated. Ah well, it was a great trip and you guys cracked me up, esp that conversation on Sunday night. If you guys had got off your tank commander arses and come with Danz and I you would have got powder. I had fun whipping though those trees, but almost more fun watching Danz absolutly rip EVERYTHING. Danz you are a machine cool.gif

I had a great time and I think the snow where we were on Sun and Mon was great. I would have liked to been able to do the top of the mountain stuff but the weekend was far from a wash, even aside from TC and the good times. I would definitely take those 4 mediocre days at Niseko over 4 spectacular days at 47. Of course, if I lived in Niseko instead of Nagano it may be the other way around.

thanks Mr The-glass-is-half-full.

Only kidding, I also had a very good time. I have just been frustrated by the poor conditions that I have hit. Since I started caring about conditions (the first 5 times or so didnt matter - snow was snow) I have had 3 days of rain, 3 days of +5 degree sunshine rapid melt, and 12 days of shut lifts due to high wind/low vis.

db the more you get out there unfortunatly, the chances of riding things you dont like will happen. think like this go to places that give you options. ie hakuba on a windy day cortina should be fine.

Find north facing stuff and hit it slow the first time and if its good crank it uup the next.

Get used to spring riding its fun and soft.