If you just got some spam that looked like it was from us...

• SnowJapan Admin

If you just got some spam mail from someone trying to use the Forums to send out mass spammings --- sorry.

Luckily we have very quickly deleted that account and hopefully the person doing this was not able to send many.

There has been no breach of information on our server or anything like that. Simply someone/something trying to use a new account here to send out stuff.

Annoying, frustrating, such an utter waste of time.... all those things and more. I dread to think how much of a problem this kind of thing would be if anyone could simply sign up and get stuck in! The thought alone is scary.

sadface

• SnowJapan Admin

Actually, from some of the bounced mails that have come back, looks like the emails it was sent out to were totally not related to this site or it's members.

So there are likely a few people out there blaming us for the junk right now.

:(

• SnowJapan Admin

I think I'd rather not say - not give other spammers ideas - though it wasn't any kind of hacking or such dramatic thing (happily).

I think we need to put a few limits on something though to prevent this kind of thing from being done again.

• SnowJapan Admin

A bit of investigation into this - seems that none of the email addresses used were members of our site. And by the number that got bounced back, they were probably just random.

Amazing even when we deleted that guys account, he came in and tried to re-register.

wakaranai