So last weekend I went for a little drive around Numazu (the city I live in). We checked out some mikan orchards and some views of Mt. Fuji. Enjoy!

Mt. Fuji from the top of Darumayama

black%20mountain_112.JPG

Ashitakayama is in the foreground.

black%20mountain_115.JPG

Numazu... if you look hard enough you can see my house!

black%20mountain_116.JPG

Numazu minami alps... really nice place to go for a hike!

black%20mountain_118.JPG

Mt. Fuji from shimin no mori

black%20mountain_113.JPG

Mt. Fuji from a nearby golf course

black%20mountain_114.JPG

The edge of the mikan orchard

black%20mountain_117.JPG

Nori Mt. Fuji!

black%20mountain_119.JPG

Actually, looking at some other photos I took last year it's pretty obvious that there was a lot more snow. The angle of the two photos above is completely different but i would say there was snow about 800ms further down the mountain (north side maybe +1000ms). I definitely wouldn't use Mt. Fuji as a yardstick to measure other resorts though...

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Yeah man! Best mikan around... we got a few freebies from a farmer walking down the road. Next time you are in the area hit me up for a drink or two at the Taproom!

Usami has the best mikans my friend... naughty biggrin

No, I've never skied it but I've known a few people who have... I also know a guy who didn't make it back. It's definitely not a place to go during the winter. In fact, I meant to do it last spring but the guy I was going with backed out at the last minute and it's not something I want to do alone.

I don't know about it being illegal but a friend of mine was turned away a few years ago by the SDF because it was too dangerous. The road on the Fujinomiya side doesn't open until late spring so the best access is the other side of the mountain (opposite of where I live). Where were the good ski lines you heard about?

I'm totally willing to give it a try this year if anyone is game!

+1 for posting that report. I was invited to join some Japanese telemarkers who were planning to ski down Fujisan last April but couldn`t go due to work. To be honest, I was a bit relieved because they were a lot better/fitter/younger than me, though I still think it would be an amazing thing to do (or at least say you`ve done)! biggrin