Hey folks-

From the views I've had during some recent hikes, it appears that there could be a lot of snow at some of the higher elevations. Tanigawadake and the Alps are looking nice and white up high just to name a few. Isn't anyone out there getting after it yet?

Jen

Originally Posted By: Queen Cosmo
Hey folks-
From the views I've had during some recent hikes, it appears that there could be a lot of snow at some of the higher elevations. Tanigawadake and the Alps are looking nice and white up high just to name a few. Isn't anyone out there getting after it yet?
Jen

I got in two days this past weekend.
Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Hey folks-
Jen

I got in two days this past weekend.

So what are we talking about now? Skiing?
wink

Nice nabbin', Metabo. Way to get after it. Rider69, Sounds like you've been out having some fun. thumbsup

I'd love to see some photos as well.

Surprised more people aren't hiking up to access the high BC (yes this includes me, but newhere). Do folks genearally wait for resorts to open? Or just busy at the office?

Hoping for lots of snow this season!

I am definitely lookin' forward to it, BM! Yeah I'm from the US, Maine is where I growed up, to be exact. Lots of very friendly folks up there. When I'm home I ski anywhere, typically the White Mountains for the BC. Up there, we gotta hike/climb to get to the real steeps. There's a forum similar to this one that we use for backcountry in the Whites, actually. A few of us have fun competing with each other in the late spring, after most people have moved on to mountain biking, boating, or parenting, to see who can get the most vert in a day.

An entertaining thread here with a vid a... the end of May

Oh yeah, I slack it all the time, love riding the lift, getting lots of runs in. I take to the woods when I can. In New England my favorite place is Jay Peak, though don't tell them at Sugarloaf (my home mtn). Jay gets the most pow, but pow here in Japan is measured on a vastly different scale, from what I'm hearing, and ooh I can not wait to gogittit!

yummy

Way, WAY enough about me. Sorry to bore you. Not a blabber, but I'm happy to get to know you guys. smile

Looking forward to this winter and sharing stories with you all!

-Cheers-

Hey Metabo, yeah I've def been keeping an eye on it. Yesterday the report and photos didn't look stellar, and with the latest rain I wasn't sure... shifty

*Update*

OK so it appears they are opening more terrain this Saturday. They are talking about having 7 trails by then. We'll see. If so, we're heading up, but I'd love to go Monday and beat the crowd; praying to Ullr for a Sunday night dump. smile

Cheers!

I am definitely lookin' forward to it, BM! Yeah I'm from the US, Maine is where I growed up, to be exact. Lots of very friendly folks up there. When I'm home I ski anywhere, typically the White Mountains for the BC. Up there, we gotta hike/climb to get to the real steeps. There's a forum similar to this one that we use for backcountry in the Whites, actually. A few of us have fun competing with each other in the late spring, after most people have moved on to mountain biking, boating, or parenting, to see who can get the most vert in a day.
An entertaining thread here with a vid a... the end of May

Oh yeah, I slack it all the time, love riding the lift, getting lots of runs in. I take to the woods when I can. In New England my favorite place is Jay Peak, though don't tell them at Sugarloaf (my home mtn). Jay gets the most pow, but pow here in Japan is measured on a vastly different scale, from what I'm hearing, and ooh I can not wait to gogittit!
yummy

Way, WAY enough about me. Sorry to bore you. Not a blabber, but I'm happy to get to know you guys. smile

Looking forward to this winter and sharing stories with you all!

-Cheers-

I'm from New England as well New Hampshire to be specific! Skied everything you are talking about. Nice to meet ya smile
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
I'm from New England as well New Hampshire to be specific! Skied everything you are talking about. Nice to meet ya smile

Heck yeah, Mitchpee! Nice to meet a fellow Hampshirite. wave I most recently lived in Manchester, where I busted my butt at an architecture firm to get where I am now (on extended sabbatical). party Did I read earlier that you're working at Black Diamond Lodge this season? Good luck with your new gig. We'll stop in and say hi when we get up that way. I think we want to trade in the Nissan rental for a Hiace, budget providing. I hear they rent those there... hopefully cheap.

We're leaving in a few days for an extended road trip to the southwest. Decided we've only got a short time to explore the other areas of Japan before we begin our skiing binge. Might still make it up to Marunuma Kogen before we head out- they got some snow.
-Cheers- cheers
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

Heck yeah, Mitchpee! Nice to meet a fellow Hampshirite. wave I most recently lived in Manchester, where I busted my butt at an architecture firm to get where I am now (on extended sabbatical). party Did I read earlier that you're working at Black Diamond Lodge this season? Good luck with your new gig. We'll stop in and say hi when we get up that way. I think we want to trade in the Nissan rental for a Hiace, budget providing. I hear they rent those there... hopefully cheap.

We're leaving in a few days for an extended road trip to the southwest. Decided we've only got a short time to explore the other areas of Japan before we begin our skiing binge. Might still make it up to Marunuma Kogen before we head out- they got some snow.
-Cheers- cheers

Awesome! Would love to have you guys stop by, yes I will be at the black diamond lodge.

They do rent Hiaces there although I am not sure of the rate, I know they have a number on their site you can call to make sure.