Japanese Female...about 25...nice enough girl but man she's got a horrible FUNK!! It's the worst BO I've encountered..ever. Every time she comes to sit at her desk (beside mine) I gag at the smell. I've talked to another female co-worker about it and she said she would have a chat with Ms. Stinky but it hasn't happened yet. Seriously, I'm getting some Vicks Vapo rub to put under my nose. I don't mean to sound like a dick but someone's got to tell her. It's actually making me angry now. What would you do?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Soon to be added to the Thailand 101).

Would a banana not be an acceptable alternative?

Japanese trousers are virtually all a no no. Japanese have legs like match sticks and a crotch smaller than a ladies muff because no way can I get my bits and pieces in without some major ball crushi

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Ask her if she has a bath in the morning or the evening.

At first she will think nothing of it, until you start repeating the question at her every day.

especially when you open up by saying to her.....
"Oi, Smelly!....."
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Tell her, her flange smells. That way, when you tell her BO is whiffy, it won't seem so bad. biggrin

I need to know what a flange is first Rob...

All good ideas folks and believe me I would love to just rip a chili fart. And no,,I'm not one of dem smelly gaijins.

Never heard the term before - just a touch on the crass side, is it not?

Back to the original problem.

Humiliation is never nice. While I would be sorely tempted to leave a deodorant stick on her desk it would be upsetting for her. Have you had a chat to her/your supervisor? It is usually the supervisors role to bring in a staff member with inadequate hygiene and bring them up to speed.

The other option is Karismasu is just around the corner, why not buy her a pretty little basket of toiletries and wish her a merry Christmas. If they are lovely and have a delightful strong smell you might hit two birds with your one stone. Smell fixed and co-worker thinking you are marvelous.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Never heard the term before - just a touch on the crass side, is it not?

Back to the original problem.
Humiliation is never nice. While I would be sorely tempted to leave a deodorant stick on her desk it would be upsetting for her. Have you had a chat to her/your supervisor? It is usually the supervisors role to bring in a staff member with inadequate hygiene and bring them up to speed.

The other option is Karismasu is just around the corner, why not buy her a pretty little basket of toiletries and wish her a merry Christmas. If they are lovely and have a delightful strong smell you might hit two birds with your one stone. Smell fixed and co-worker thinking you are marvelous.

We can always count on Mamabear for a hint of civility...(except when you call Hakuba "Hak" or Niseko "Nis")

EUREKA!!...(there's a pun in there somewhere)

I again pressured another female co-worker to talk to our stinky girl and she is off to the clinic to get it checked out...must be a medical issue. confused

It's funny, in a sad sorta way, all my other co-workers gathered around and were giving her fawning support for her "condition" but I guarantee not ONE of them would have had the balls or courtesy to tell her without me practically prodding one of them to do it. Just another day in our home...Japan.
Originally Posted By: Chriselle

I again pressured another female co-worker to talk to our stinky girl and she is off to the clinic to get it checked out...must be a medical issue. confused

It's funny, in a sad sorta way, all my other co-workers gathered around and were giving her fawning support for her "condition" but I guarantee not ONE of them would have had the balls or courtesy to tell her without me practically prodding one of them to do it. Just another day in our home...Japan.

Female anatomy eh? wink

But yeah, it's amazing how peer pressure works in Japan.