• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: SJ-Andrew
I don't know, but it does.

Each time we submitted it has been 7-8 days before we got the review.
We have an update waiting now actually - that was submitted on Friday last week, so lets see when it gets (hopefully) approved.

Get approved?
  • SnowJapan Admin

No. It's a bit ridiculous isn't it?

Luckily our update is just a minor one that fixes a small error that probably most people won't even notice.

But can you imagine releasing an app that is really important to your business and suddenly realising once it is out there that it needs a small fix. The fix might take you literally minutes to fix up, but then it taking 8 days - and probably more - for the fix to be released to the public after once more going through the Apple approval process? And in the meantime getting tons of bad reviews and ratings etc.

Obviously you should try to make sure that things are working 100% before submitting it, but with software sometimes that is not completely possible and quick fixes are needed.

Anyway, best not to get me started on this particular issue. Not at the moment anyway. wink

• SnowJapan Admin

There's that definitely. But actually the Apple setup is kinder on that particular front Mr Wiggles.

Android has more variations to consider (device models, screen sizes etc), making that aspect of the process more complicated. But with the Android system you can literally post a new version and it is up there instantly.

Even a tiny update on the app Store takes at least a week, and if they find the tiniest thing when they eventually re-review it, you can add another week+ etc. It seems that they don't give it a thorough going over either --- they reject it as soon as they find one issue. So that means if you have any further issues you are doomed to a process that takes weeks and maybe months.

For 30% of all revenues coming from the store, that is a shoddy state of affairs.

Bloody hell they are a technology company. Not being able to release fixes almost instantly is a joke.

• SnowJapan Admin

Just thought I would update this as our new iPad App has just been released this morning:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthread...pan_iPad_A.html

Originally we were planning on having that up there with everything else last month and it was first submitted I think at the end of September. A few rejections for some small issues later and it was approved this morning - and immediately released onto the Store. We didn't know it would be this morning and of course any other sticking points and it would be at least another 8 days.

I'm more than a little relieved that lot is all over for now.

• SnowJapan Admin

You can specify a future release date when you submit it for review but as I mentioned it seems to take 7-8 days to go into review.

If that date has passed once they review/approve your app - as was the case here - it gets released immediately as it is approved. So in our case we didn't really know when to expect it to be up there. I got a mail telling me last night at about 11:30pm that it was put into review, so I knew this morning it would either be up there or rejected. Fingers were crossed!

If the date is still in the future after they approve, it gets released on that future date. I think you are allowed to bring it forward in that case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

We have just noticed on our iphone app that there is a spelling mistake. The word "details" on one page mis-spelled. We are going to have to submit a new version of the app to fix that, taking another week to actually appear.

doh

It would be so good if there was a way in which tiny details like this could be fixed up easily!!

• SnowJapan Admin

And we are doing what we can to eliminate remaining stability issues some people are still having with the ipad one. Again, the week plus to get online really slows down the process.

We'll get there!

:(