Seriously, swearing loudly on the street is becoming socially accepted behavior in this country these days. I like to use some good ol adjectives as well, but I'm very mindful of when and where I use them.

It's funny listening to someone who uses more swear words than non swear words in a sentence. They usually say know what I mean and yknow a lot as well.

lol

I swear a bit but it's controlled I suppose and only comes out on the good occasion.

I often swear.....not in work obviously but as soon as I'm in my relaxed mode, the swear words come out. I think being across here has made me swear even more as few people know what youare saying, but its getting pretty bad. I even noticed myslf doing it while my mum and dad was here. I'd have to concentrate not to use a swear word

So long as it's not at the kids, across the car park, while chugging on a long neck, at the local shops MB. Then it should be cool. wink

Swearing is way more effective when it's used sparingly.

As with most things, pie-eater, it depends quite a lot on the circumstances.

My sister, when she was a wee tacker, used to have a cute saying ...

"I'm a little angel, I don't swear. Bugger, bugger, shiit, bum, I don't care!" Got her a smack on the backside before she realised that it was not good to say such things in front of the parents.

about 15 years ago, we'd come back from holiday and were sitting round my parents dining table eating dinner and talking about the holday. My sister, who was about 4, pipes up with a story of her own about what her play friend, this wee boy that lived next door, and her got up to. I zoned into the conversation when she said......"and I just did this to him (stuck up her 2 fingers in the V salute) and told him to fut off"! lol

we were all doubled up and she had no idea why we were laughing

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the most disgusting display of public swearing ever yesterday. It was a 14 year old girl yelling F & C as loud as her lungs would allow, at her boyfriend out the front of a shopping centre.

How do people get like that?

Don't know why people swear so fu+ki*g much. I never f..;ing swear.

It really p:@;:s me off!

LOL

No seriously some people really do go over the top, I do swear sometimes, but only when really justified. Actually I swore a string of bad words today at a truck driver as he decided to bash in to the back of my car, while I was waiting for the lights to change.

Luckily very little damage and I was fine.

I worked with a Scotish engineer once who used more swear words than normal words, and it didn't matter who he spoke to, male, female, boss it was just a string of constant swearing.

If a 14yr old was having an obscene rage at her boyfriend at the front of a shopping center I would quite confidently assume that the behavior had been modeled for her as normal and acceptable behavior. Maybe not by her parents, but definitely by adults in her life.

Sad.

Why can't parents model being NICE to each other.

And solving issues behind closed doors rather than on show for the entire neighborhood.

MB's assessment sounds about right. The girl in question has seen this kind of behavior on enough occasions to become habituated to it, so parroting it is second nature.

People need a license to drive, a permit to buy a firearm, but any fool can breed unregulated.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
TV?
Video games?
Movies?

I agree.
While we can dump MOST of the blame on the parents, there are a lot of other influences around today. That goes for violence and anti social behavior as well.