• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zoe Ball, that mouthy bird Sarah somebody or other have a lot to answer for!! Their "Ladette" culture phase championed this look.....the slightly overweight-for-the-jeans-bcos-they-drink-s-much-lager hip chicks

Well, I asked my student where she had learned the expression 'muffin top'. Apparently, she heard it in a movie called 'Eat, pray, love'... I had to look that up on google too. It seems that ignorance really is bliss when it comes to these things!! clap

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Well, I asked my student where she had learned the expression 'muffin top'. Apparently, she heard it in a movie called 'Eat, pray, love'... I had to look that up on google too. It seems that ignorance really is bliss when it comes to these things!! clap

Great. You used the i word. You're going to get SKI in here now, asking for an explanation as no one has explained that word yet. wink
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
The problem there is stupid low rise jeans - those things should only be worn by the anorexic and super models! If she had just an inch or so more material you wouldn't give that another look.

No. The problem is that the girl is too fat for those jeans.

No she isn't too fat for those jeans, as they fit on her, they're just too low cut as MB said.

Some girls that dress size would look awesome in low rise jeans because they don't have love handles and a beer gut
On the other hand, I know a girl who is NZ size 6 (US size 2 i think?) who has a muffin top
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
you can try and convince yourself of that anyway you like ladies but when you strip away the crap, she is still too fat for those jeans!! biggrin

lol
Say's the Tubby bloke who has never tried on women's jeans (I hope!).

If she went High Rise her muffin top would not be apparent.
She needs a different STYLE, not a different size.

But you are right - she doesn't look good in those jeans.
Originally Posted By: thursday
you can't say that. They'll get all self conscious and sit down at starbucks to bitch it out.
depends... if we are trying to shrink our own Muffin Tops we might head to the gym and refuse to eat dinner wink
you can't say that. They'll get all self conscious and sit down at starbucks to bitch it out.
depends... if we are trying to shrink our own Muffin Tops we might head to the gym and refuse to eat dinner wink

Sit ups and those annoying side to side things for your obliques! Woop woop.

(Just put my gym membership on hold so I can grow a better muffin top)
Originally Posted By: MintyNZ

Sit ups and those annoying side to side things for your obliques! Woop woop.

(Just put my gym membership on hold so I can grow a better muffin top)

you mean reverse grow right?

No....she did not.

She said her gym membership is ON HOLD. YIKES. omg

I am doing the exact opposite at the moment Minty - hitting the gym, riding the bike, and when my ear drum heals - swimming laps.