That is the question.

All the jargon confuses me and I get lost in info I don't really understand. Need to get a new tv soon though coz current one isn't digital.

So.... what did you get and why? Might help me a bit.

Cheers.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some geeks writing this one off for it's lack of HDMI 2 and the newer wireless standard?   I have no idea the implications there, but thought I'd pass it on.

It was extremely funny, well done.

We got a one with a video built in. It was only 10000 extra. Separate HDD recorders are well expensive, especially relative to how little of Japanese tv is worth recording. Its a Panasonic.

Go to a shop and see which one you like is best. Try turning it off the BS hi channel that it will be tuned to in the shop because that channel has a higher res than all the others. Don't get a shiny one if your pad is super bright.

Some companies will collect them for nothing. Your council will probably want a few thousand as a recycling fee. If you don't have one to get rid off, you can drive a harder bargain at the shop (or just buy online).

We got a Sony 42" LCD, very very clear, especially when viewing digital TV, sky channels etc.

Still very clear with normal analogue channels, but it will not be as clear as digital, much better than the old box TV's by miles.

We got LCD because when I looked at Plasma in the shop they really didn't look any better than LCD, if anything plasma tend to have a more pale colour not as rich as LCD. And I looked at all makes. Plasma costs more though and like in the post above we were told that they do not last as long! But I guess it comes down to preferance and place that you want to use it.

We have only had our TV for about a year so time will tell I guess as to how long ot lasts.

I connect my computer to the TV as my comp is HD also like the TV so movies are great, very clear big screen and with 5,1ch surround sound is as close as you can get to being in a cinema.

The rules for eco points (i.e., government discount) on tvs have just been tightened up, so slightly older ones that no longer qualify must be being sold off at big discounts. See kakaku.com etc.

Zoning in on a Sony and a Panasonic.

The Sony one is about 60,000 yen, 40inch, but if I get that seems I can get 23000 ecopoints/yen so effectively bringing the thing in at under 4 man. That sounds good to me.

Already got an HDD recorder that I don't use any more that I can connect up.

I think tomorrow will be 'buying tv day'.