• 1 month later...

We booked to fly PE in Feb 2011.

I think it's a bargain compared to QF prices. My only complaint is the standard Y luggage allowance. Lounge access is a bonus.

Here's someone's review from the airlinequality website:

"Japan Airlines Sydney-Tokyo return. The flight is operated by Japan Airlines on behalf of Jalways. The service is polite and graceful. We travelled Premium Economy Class and there was always staff on hand to assist or offer you a drink, soup or snack. Premium Economy seats are quite comfortable and have large tables. The meal service (the same as normal economy class) in both directions was good. I think they need a few more new release movies on their AVOD system and another inch or two of legroom so that it easier to slide out into the aisle when sitting at a window or middle seat."

I am still a bit miffed at JAL from last time I flew with them. Service was good, though plane was old... however our group of 4 were seated together and chatting, and laughing (all in hushed tones I might add) just a little excited about our trip.

We were then given a stern talking to by a crew member with a furrowed brow and shushed. We were 1hr into the flight and it was 10am in the morning WTF! We sat there in stunned silence for a bit, you could here a pin drop... the whole way to Japan. It was like flying in a library. What's up with that.

Originally Posted By: Schneebored
Originally Posted By: Tex
it was 10am in the morning WTF!

And were you already on the beers? haha

HAHA No actually were weren't at that stage tend to go pretty easy on the biru when on aircraft. After lunch...
Originally Posted By: Schneebored
it was 10am in the morning WTF!

And were you already on the beers? haha

HAHA No actually were weren't at that stage tend to go pretty easy on the biru when on aircraft. After lunch...

....get ruined and find yourself dry-humping the drinks trolley?

We have all been there.

Dry humping the drink trolley? Maybe the trolley dolley not the trolley itself wink Actually this flight I managed to win MILLIONS playing Hold 'em on the in flight computer game. Wish I was actually in Macau, would have been able to retire.

Funniest one I had was a Qantas flight to LAX, we were standing down the back having a chat when we were told under US law we were not allowed to group on a flight, I reminded her we were Aussies on an Aussie plane over international waters, so WTF. The hostie then smiled and said, yep **** um, another beer boys.

Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
Funniest one I had was a Qantas flight to LAX, we were standing down the back having a chat when we were told under US law we were not allowed to group on a flight, I reminded her we were Aussies on an Aussie plane over international waters, so WTF. The hostie then smiled and said, yep **** um, another beer boys.

I agree with that law, they should separate all the seats to avoid it smile