ZHOUSHAN — Contestants play in mud during the Miss Ocean Contest in Zhoushan, island city of east China’s Zhejiang Province, on June 28, 2010. (Photo by Xinhua/Xu Yu)

XxjpieE001448_20100628_TPPFN1A001.jpg

12459549925754911572.jpg

pot.jpg

Frolicking good fun on Lake Ontario for a couple of residents of distant Toronto after an unusually high 28 degrees Celsius on Saturday. But a cooling treat on the lake didn't seem to be such a priority after temperatures fell by 10 degrees yesterday. XINHUA

pot.jpg

She looks delicious, but the crayfish girl is not to be clawed. She's a promo girl for a seafood restaurant that's among big names at the Nanjing gourmet food festival, which opened yesterday. Spreads of fine food are offered by famous restaurants from across China. XINHUA

pot.jpg

Walking on the wild side with giant stingrays, sharks and hundreds of other denizens of the deep - and without getting your hair wet! Melbourne Aquarium in Australia is offering this new adventure in its 2.2-million-liter Oceanarium thanks to its custom-made Shark Walker helmet. No dive experience or training is needed. Just breathe naturally and bring a bathing costume, a towel and lots of courage. The tour lasts about 45 minutes and costs US$130. AFP

Might see if I can get myself down to Antarctica next year. Have a mate who is pilot down there. Gotta see if I can somehow stowaway on one his flights heading down. Be some nice skiing I reckon.

Originally Posted By: thursday
pot.jpg

Walking on the wild side with giant stingrays, sharks and hundreds of other denizens of the deep - and without getting your hair wet! Melbourne Aquarium in Australia is offering this new adventure in its 2.2-million-liter Oceanarium thanks to its custom-made Shark Walker helmet. No dive experience or training is needed. Just breathe naturally and bring a bathing costume, a towel and lots of courage. The tour lasts about 45 minutes and costs US$130. AFP

That's a Grey nurse shark. One of the most docile animals on the planet. The only harm that would come from him is if he bumped into you.
Put a Bull Whaler in there. That would liven things up a bit.

I swam with Whale Sharks off of the Ningaloo reef a few years back in Western Oz, truly the most awesome and humbling thing I've ever done!! Those fish are HUGE!! So graceful and man can they swim fast

When I first started scuba diving, I had a phobia with shatks, grey shark, reef shark whatever ... They took me to Manly aquarium and I paid $30 to go into the circular pool. I wasn't allowed to have fins. Just stayed on the wall and every time a shark passed, I saw their eyes flick towards me...

Oh, just when I was about to go in, I noticed a sign that listed shark attacks and that pool was listed amongst them. Also the pool guy had 2 fingers missing. shhiiiiiish

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I swam with Whale Sharks off of the Ningaloo reef a few years back in Western Oz, truly the most awesome and humbling thing I've ever done!! Those fish are HUGE!! So graceful and man can they swim fast

That's on our bucket list TB..
Originally Posted By: Mantas

mate deffo get over there, it was fantastic. I knew they were the biggest fish in the ocean and I knew how big they were listed in text books, but until you are 50cms from one you don't understand the giantness of these animals!!
My brother almost got sucked into its mouth!! The boat has helicopters out searching for the sharks, when they are sighted the boat moves into place along its predicted trajectory, the people jump in the water and the boat people warn you not to touch t or to get closer than 30cms, especially to its powerful tail. They align you up on either sde of the shark's path......my bro at the last minute decided to change sides, much to the anger of the guide, but the shark moves deceptively fast and has its mouth wide open, he almost got sucked in.......the guide let him have it when we were back on the boat! lol
Originally Posted By: Mantas

They align you up on either sde of the shark's path......my bro at the last minute decided to change sides, much to the anger of the guide, but the shark moves deceptively fast and has its mouth wide open, he almost got sucked in.......the guide let him have it when we were back on the boat! lol

lolBloody tourists!
Yeah, it wouldn't be good for business if the leading story on the national news was "Scottish tourist eaten alive by giant whale shark"!
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Depends, am sure a few English people might celebrate. wink

Perhaps even knight the shark. razz

haha, definitely!! At least an invitation to have tea and crumpets with the Queen