The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs a right kicking he does.

Sulking about at Liverpool. Sulking about at Chelsea.

Bloody hell you'd think his job was flipping burgers or something.

Not that I want him to play well for Chelsea, but it's bloody annoying.

definitely Bags, that would make them hungry to play well. In the 80's my footy team, Dundee United, used to operate this way. Basic wage was relatively low but the bonus system was high, so if the team was successful and winning games then the players took home big pay packets. The manager at the time got slated for it, saying he should pay what a player is worth....fast forward 15-20 years and people were starting to say that Performance related pay would be a much more economically viable way for clubs to operate

now it would be impossible. If you were a Premiership player earing mutli thousands a week, would you take a drop down to low basic and big bonus.....not on your nelly! The genie is well and truly out the bottle now.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Doesn't Mickey Owen play on some sort of basic (haha, lots) wage + chance to get much more for appearances and goals. He must be pissed then! lol

yeah I think he does....mind you the money that he has already earned will mean that he won't be in need of benefits anytime soon
Quote:
Owen Hargreaves' hopes of a comeback derailed by shoulder injury

• The midfielder could be out for four weeks, according to reports
• Hargreaves now unlikely to play for Manchester United again

What can you do apart from laugh!

how long has he been with Man U now? How many games has he played? Not many I assume and he must be on a good contract.......wish I was a chronically injured footy player for a top team smile

yeah! maybe there is a career pregression, from chronically injured well paid player to chronically pish Footy Manager....also well paid!

Its the same as shit TV actors......I could be a shit actor, just as shit as half the people on the telly....give me their job! biggrin

yeah......we got well beaten by a Brazil team who didn't get out of 1st gear. That Neymar has some great touches, probably the only team in the world where I can be reasonably happy when we get beat from them, just watching them is a pleasure.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
yeah......we got well beaten by a Brazil team who didn't get out of 1st gear. That Neymar has some great touches, probably the only team in the world where I can be reasonably happy when we get beat from them, just watching them is a pleasure.

Surely you are forgetting the pleasure of watching England, TB!
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Surely you are forgetting the pleasure of watching England, TB!

oh yeah, I always find immense pleasure in watching England when they get beat wink