Burglaries, car theft and bank robbers

Friend of mine back in the stats, their house was broken into over the weekend and done over.

sadface

Got me thinking, I hardly ever heard of burglaries or cars being broken into or banks being held up and that kind of thing here.

Much of it, or is Niigata just a blissfully innocent place to be? wink

Lucky.

I have been mugged twice, once at gunpoint after I took out one of the three guys. Had my house broken into and laptop/cash stolen. Also had my car broken into.

Boston is pretty clean now but when I was a real youngster and when my dad was a teen/tween/thirtyeen? it was a pretty rough town. Lots of murders and lots of robberies.

Salt Lake City is rather small so you don't get the gang rivalries and stuff but definitely has its fair share of killings.

Virtually no crime here at all. A few skis and boards get stolen each winter up at the resort but down here in Kutchan I've never heard of anyone being robbed. There's also virtually no vandalism of any property. So nice to not have spray paint covering all bare surfaces around the town. I've never locked my house once since owning it and almost never lock my car, normally leave it running when just grabbing something from a conbini. There's no bad part of town you need to avoid, you can feel safe going anywhere at any time. It's awesome!

There is a fair bit of burglary in Japan, its just you don't hear about it until it happens to someone you know. When I have spoken to people about it, they usually have been burgled or know someone that was.

Similar with assault, you never hear about it but I actually witnessed a bad one in shinsaibashi osaka, which I never saw even in 18 years of living in inner city London.

Never heard of any instance of that over here. I often leave my windows open when I leave, sometimes by mistake, I leave my door open. I still feel weird if I don't chan my bike up when npping into convini's but I see plenty bikes that haven't been locked and are ok. Back home I've had my shed broken into, clothes stolen from the washing line, house burgled and my dad's car radio stolen