As I stare out my office window at the cherry blossoms beginning to appear, I'm just wondering if there are any ski areas that have sakura on the slopes.

Has anyone done any spring-skiing off-piste through cherry blossoms? \:\)

Just another excuse for the J crew to get pisssed. And one of the 2 days in the year when people go outside to enjoy the natural beauty of japan! (the other being when the leaves change color)

Blossoms are a drag with all the people. You often forget how cold it can still be at that time of year and end up half frozen.

Finding the 'sakura stashes' where nobody else goes is the thing - only found one place like that though on a mountain near Osaka.

The castle is just its ruins. If you watch the film Heaven and Earth it will tell you alllll about the history, just make sure you get the English subtitles!

There are the foundations and some other bits and pieces there still. If you come off the expressway and drive up the bypass road along the top of the stopbank heading to Nozawa then its on your left about 10 mins after you get off the expressway. It kind of looks like a steep hill from the road. Very good for winter sledding, esp after too many chu-hais

But its definately not a renouned sakura spot or anything, just nice, uncrowded and most importantly a stones throw from the ski fields

Zwelgen's road is Route 117 from Toyoda IIyama exit off the Nagano Expway, going toward Nozawa, then onto Tsunan. Get something to drink at a Loquior shop along the way, but have a designated driver (the one who can not hold alcohol type is the best). Yes, it is not a huge place, but nice and locally.