• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hey Pete it has been a while and I am wondering on how you are going with the house ?

Sorry mate just saw this. LOTS has happened in the last 12 months including trying to purchase a large block in Hakuba that fell over after a 20% increase in the price after we agreed to terms. Am looking at another ATM and still pulling together design and business idea concepts.

Still progressing with this idea but will probably try somewthing like the below in my Sunshine Coast property first. But waiting on the changes in the Town Planning regs around Granny Flats and the required distances from exiting dwellings.

374182_270537766340999_100001543342249_717350_1740643800_n.jpg

get outa town, I lived at Buddina for 10 years my daughter went to Buddina Primary. At Mooloolaba now

Haha opposite the centrelink office is a park named after my dad. We were the 1st Yr7 class at Buddina primary. Grew up surfing Carties etc. Small world.

Carties, now your talking. Had some epic days there and at secrets. Also used to take my boat out to Old Women Island when conditions were right

My place was on the canal in Kooringal Cresent about 100 meters from the boat ramp.

At Mooloolaba now

I would consider moving there just because of the fab name.... sounds like a cartoon character!

;)

ha ha

not such a fab name when you have to spell it to anyone you mention it to

At Mooloolaba now

I would consider moving there just because of the fab name.... sounds like a cartoon character!

;)

i love some of the names places have in Oz, Woolloomooloo amongst my favourite!! :)

There is a little place in outback Sydney by the name of "Didyoubringthebongalong"

It's not far from Wykikamoocow and a stones throw from Pimpinbudgi

the one you are building looks like it is coming on fine (you must get grief from the planners) it gives me a idea of how big it is.

Sucks about the price going up (the only place I think I can afford to buy is where they shot the max-max films)

Hey Pete it has been a while and I am wondering on how you are going with the house ?

Sorry mate just saw this. LOTS has happened in the last 12 months including trying to purchase a large block in Hakuba that fell over after a 20% increase in the price after we agreed to terms. Am looking at another ATM and still pulling together design and business idea concepts.

Still progressing with this idea but will probably try somewthing like the below in my Sunshine Coast property first. But waiting on the changes in the Town Planning regs around Granny Flats and the required distances from exiting dwellings.

374182_270537766340999_100001543342249_717350_1740643800_n.jpg

Pete, on the Sunshine coast, with the containers being made from metal, do they get incredibly hot inside?

Was watching Grand Designs (great show) last night about some dude who made a house out of tires and mud. But I guess with earthquakes you can't get away with that kinda of building.

How cheap is land ? back in 08 I spoken to some bloke who said he brought a 5 bedroom house somewhere near Kutchan for something like $30k (AUD) do those places still exist ?

(BTW this is one of my favorite topics here)

I had a quick look at house prices in and around Hokkaido, and outside of the resort area then you can get a large house for pretty cheap. I was very surprised just how cheap it was in comparison to round where I live.....unfortunately the Mrs doesn't want to move to the cold :sadface:

Same TB, no matter how much I offer to insulate the house, buy air con, under floor heating, wife is having none of it.

Haven't tried the container approach but doubt that will sway her, no matter how cool it is. :D

Showed the Green Planet container effort at The University of Liverpool and still nowt. :(