Why not

Because it's not in the rules

Why not

I don't know, they think it will interrupt the game

But the game stops while the players complain anyway

Yes

That's just stupid

etc etc

Oh, the joys of being a crap football manager!

Part 3,329,584,358,409

Quote:
Fabio Capello's reign as England manager appeared to be over last night after he was put through the indignity of the Football Association's announcement that the governing body will take two weeks to decide whether it intends to retain him.

The FA believe that there is little point in Capello continuing after England's 4-1 defeat to Germany in the second round of the World Cup finals but attempted to buy themselves time yesterday in the hope that in the interim Capello will be approached by a club – which would mean that the FA were spared paying him £10m compensation to leave.

veryangry

Yes a puzzling position, the Crap Football Manager.

Those elite Crap Managers who get huge pay cheques, be totally useless, then get paid off millions to walk away and usually walk straight into yet another huge pay cheque. How do they get in that elusive Crap Football Manager position?

Well, it was the FA who (with the Fab's consent) hurriedly removed a clause allowing a 2 week grace period after the world cup for re-negotiation. (Fearing that he would've been poached).

The goal-line tech thing wont happen because they have to apply to all levels of the game, and that is obviously not possible in the craphole lower league stadiums. I remember the FA saying that they wont consider it because it would mean they have to implement it all the way through the FA Cup from the first round minnow clubs. I think they want to keep football as the peoples game that anyone can play with a few jumpers for goalposts etc, so they want to miminise any overhead such as goalline tech.

Another reason I can see is that play will be stopped every 3 mins with players demanding video replay for fouls etc. where do you draw the line? I can see the point on this, we don't want it to end up like an american sport with constant interuptions in play.

Originally Posted By: bobby12

Another reason I can see is that play will be stopped every 3 mins with players demanding video replay for fouls etc. where do you draw the line? I can see the point on this, we don't want it to end up like an american sport with constant interuptions in play.

American football got around this by limiting the number of replays each team can demand. At certain stages of the game they are also not allowed to ask for a replay. If teams abuse the system to try and stop play the ref could give the team captain a yellow card for delay of game perhaps...

Have it so that they can't demand replays, simple as that. Like now, if they bother the ref whatever, yellow card my son.

The 4th official whatever has his video backup and send the message through.

Most games of football are played without posts or a referee. People manage somehow. Tennis has technology without worrying about whether it will be there for the kids in the park, who may not even have a net.

England eh? So many things you can point the finger at. Should be interesting to see how the Germans do against better sides.

The argument that the game needs to be "the same everywhere" is just frankly ridiculmous. Most games of footie happen without linesmen, even refs. Take tennis for example. How on earth do people down the local parks manage without ball cameras. Beats me.

It's beyond belief that such an argument is used.

they could even just have it so that its still up to the ref whether to go to the video ref (4th official) or not. the 4th official only checks at the behest of the ref...just like when the ref and linesman are conflabbing, wuld take seconds. make it so teams can't demand a replay and it still gives the ref overall say in the game.

Thing about Capello is that he is one of the top managers in the game, who will England go for if they punt him? There are no better Englsh managers around and whoever comes in still has to deal with the same players.

well, maybe this is a start.

Quote:

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has apologised to the Football Association over Frank Lampard's disallowed goal against Germany and has indicated he is ready to discuss introducing goal-line technology in wake of mistakes at this summer's World Cup.

Lampard's disallowed goal during England's 4-1 defeat to Germany in Sunday's World Cup second-round encounter in Bloemfontein, when the ball clearly crossed the line, has led to renewed calls for the introduction of video replays.

Fifa, who blocked any further experiments with technology at a meeting of the International FA Board in March, faced a barrage of questions on the subject at a media briefing in Johannesburg yesterday.

Fifa initially stayed quiet on the furore surrounding events in Bloemfontein, but Blatter told a media briefing in Johannesburg today: "It is obvious that after the experience so far in this World Cup it would be a nonsense to not reopen the file of technology at the business meeting of the International FA Board in July.

"Personally I deplore it when you see evident referee mistakes but it's not the end of a competition or the end of football, this can happen.

"The only thing I can do is yesterday I have spoken to the two federations [England and Mexico] directly concerned by referees mistakes. I have expressed to them apologies and I understand they are not happy and that people are criticising.

"We will naturally take on board the discussion on technology and have first opportunity in July at the business meeting."

Sunday night's match between Argentina and Mexico had also thrown up a controversial incident, with Carlos Tevez scoring the opening goal from a blatantly offside position.

Fifa had blocked any further experiments with technology at a meeting of the International FA Board, the game's rule-making body, in March.