I leave 99.99% of the shopping to my wife including clothes for me and even cars. Never buy any trinkets like watches or any sort of jewellry. I do want to get a new oar for my Kayak for this summer though.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
JA,
shopping is a good way to find out about products and people. It's a field trip to study psychology and micro economics.

Nah ... shopping is an excuse to wander around doing nothing and just looking at stuff. No psychology or economics involved - pure wandering aimless through the world.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
It's a bit like golf. A silly excuse to go for a walk on artificial landscape and hit a small ball with a walking stick.

disclaimer: This is a personal opinion - if it offends you, do not read any further.
That, I can relate to - golf, the greatest waste of a good walk! Boring to watch, with overpaid "sportsmen" wandering around like they are entitled to adulation. Fools!
Originally Posted By: thursday
I'm surprised JA, golf appeals to all types, especially the old fuddy duddies. And you being a prime example of one from Aus, I'd thought it would've have been your game.

Yep, still in my prime - no need for fuddy duddy pseudo sports yet! I intend to go out on the snow fields at 110! (That's years of age, not mph!)

yeah wots that? Crazy Golf (where you putt through various models of windmills etc) or the driving range?

although I'm not really a golfer, I did play when I was a kid. Its not a bad sport, I like it a little bit. Go for a good walk, hit a few balls around, have a laugh with your mates, chase off kids with your clubs who are trying to steal your golf balls! smile

Mostly played by really old people but I really enjoy it. Don't need to spend years and years playing at expensive courses to even come close to being good at the sport and it's not taken too seriously at all. Just fun and really cheap.