• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Originally Posted By: ger
I ski in the rain. Sure. Good way to test out your gortex too. But if it freezes over with no fresh snowfall you can count me out.

generally agree with ger, however depends on how much rain are we talking about 5-10mm in a day okay, 50mm in a day then no chance.
Also if it freezes over, like in Hokkaido last week and I only have limited days then I'm willing to hit the icey slopes, if it's badly cut up and icey, then no chance
Originally Posted By: thursday
Ryoma, you should just take no days off. Please for the sake of us punters.

lol, I'm not allowed to take days off on the ski examination days, days that there are competitions... just tell me when you're planning on skiing in Nagano razz.

*edit* it was a total white out and rainy yesterday too :(
Originally Posted By: SKI
Ryoma - how often do they have ski examinations days?
By that do you mean the badge test things?

The tests are done every Sunday; Technical/Crown tests are done on specific days though.

Tests are the level exams for skis that's organised by the Ski Association of Japan (SAJ).
The levels are done the same as a lot of the martial arts schools (where you have 'kyu' ranks with 1 being the highest).
Technical and Crown levels are the levels above the standard levels.

Basically, it's just a technical ski examination where you have to demonstrate GS/SL turns as well as moguls etc (depending on which level you're looking for) and are awarded points. Level 2 is fairly easy, level 1 is pretty hard and Technical/Crown usually only has less than a dozen people pass in a season. It's not much use to anyone who wants to just ski for fun but for the Japanese, it becomes a conversation topic much to the same degree as a handicap for golf.

While I'm here... heads up for bad weather tomorrow wink. lol