Originally Posted By: gareth_oau

If I type:

I'm going to kill you veryangry
I'm going to kill you lol

both show a differnt message and without the emotricon you may not understand whether I'm joking or not.

What's an "emotricon"? Me no understand. wink
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
not necessarily spook, an internet forum is also a wealth of experiences and advice that people choose to share. i seek advice from others where they have had expereinces that I haven't - on holiday planning etc etc

As you're here, we can presume that you are wanting to share your views, and the advantage in using grammar, punctuation and emoticons is that there is less likelihood of people misunderstanding what you are wanting to say.

i understand that emoticons were originally created to help avoid the the potential confusion created by an emotionless line of text.

If I type:

I'm going to kill you veryangry
I'm going to kill you lol

both show a differnt message and without the emotricon you may not understand whether I'm joking or not.

Sorry Gareth. If you look at your post above, you'll kindly notice that you haven't used consistent grammar - for instance, not all your sentences were capitalised correctly.
Despite this, I still read your post in full, and have taken your points into consideration.
I will endeavour to make myself more clearly understood in future.

wink

MitchPee - don't worry about what your future holds. So long as you capitalise your sentences correctly, you'll be fine.
Originally Posted By: JA
Originally Posted By: spook
grammar... bah. i'm gen y GN. i don't need no education
i do need a haircut though. i'm pretty much unemployable

The trouble with "to hell with grammar" attitude is that it alienates a whole lot of people. If you want people to read what you write (and there really isn't any point writing it if you don't) you need to cater tio the way OTHERS will react.

For instance, I tried to read your post, got a little way in and decided "This is too much of a hassle, I'm not going to bother!"

If you had anything intelligible, sensible, revelatory to say, I missed it and will likely NEVER know. You may have been the most insightful poster here, but very few people will notice if you don't do some capitalisation,grammar things.

i aint got no problem with nothing spook rights here!!
Originally Posted By: spook

Sorry Gareth. If you look at your post above, you'll kindly notice that you haven't used consistent grammar - for instance, not all your sentences were capitalised correctly.
Despite this, I still read your post in full, and have taken your points into consideration.
I will endeavour to make myself more clearly understood in future.

wink

Aha, see, I've managed to convert you already - saw your wink

My lack of caps is partially due to laziness and partially due to a dodgy keyboard.

I'm deFinitely, not A grammar-policeman"?,,, but just feel a Reasonable. Use will, help to avoid confusion lol
Originally Posted By: Mantas
Just taking the piss JA.

Your right, Spook needs to get a hair cut, get a real job and improve his grammar.

He's a disgrace really.

Noted, mantas. You'll get yours - someday! wink

I didn't mention anything about the hair or job. My comments about grammar stand, though. Not just here, a deterioration of grammar is endemic.