She tried all sorts Mamabear but nothing seemed to work and doctors didn't seem to find a solution either. I thnk she does have less now, but at one point it was crazy, every month.

I get migraines as well, and I wouldnt wish them on my worst enemy. When I get them just standing up from my futon feels like running a marathon. With each heartbeat my head throbs, and it feels like a nails are being driven into my skull, and it feels like that for roughly 2-3 days. Ive been getting them now for about a decade, and they come on roughly once every 2-6 months.

I have found various triggers start them but the main things, for me at least, is lack of sleep, dehydration, red wine, and cheese. Those for me are the biggest triggers. I have noticed that I get them when typhoons or blizzards come through some times.

I can feel it coming on a couple of hours in advance. Its hard to describe, but its very predictable.

Even after taking 2 to sometimes 3 migraine pills the relief is minimal. Let us know if anything works.

Missus have no need for painkillers anymore since she has me.

Most severe pain can be relieved to a point that it just lingers by treating accupressure points. Period pain especially.

Headache is a complex one. Could be neck, shoulder, cranial, etc...

Horses get headaches, too. They love me when I release it. More appreciative than humans.

Creek boy, Justa guess from what you described, LIVER symptoms.

Typhoon, blizzard - wind - relates to liver

Red Wine, Cheese - micro organisms (from cask), sulpher ... allergen

Probably you are loaded up with toxins, too.

Scrape your tongue, and Lots of water in the morning. Eat suno-mono (vinegar pickles)

another vote here for migraines being the worst thing in the world except for earaches - suffered from both all my life and they both knock me for 12 (not six, they are that bad). I can't move, can't open curtains, can't talk to anyone as my own voice hurts.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx

Most severe pain can be relieved to a point that it just lingers by treating accupressure points.

I always try this before taking pain killers - and it is amazing how often that is enough...especially for the tension headaches.

lol Creek boy - maybe you need to join me on a liver detox. wink

My 16yr old and Papa are loving new foods - but the two little ones are really grumpy that they have to eat it too (not all of it - just main meals and stuff I am not cooking twice!).

Yes it does.

So a liver detox is brilliant because you can actually REVERSE damage.

Unfortunately I can't reverse or cure the tumors - but if I lost even 75% of my liver cutting them out - it would REGROW! Amazing stuff. But the actually surgery itself is not pleasant.

Pseudo science nonsense. If you simply eat what a human, as an animal, is suppose to eat (not lots of raw meat!), and exercise regularly, you shouldn’t have any health issues. As all the nutritionists say, plenty of vegetables and fruit, grains, some meat, and yes Cheeseman, dairy products in small quantities. Drink lots of water.

Obviously, some people have intolerances to certain products – gluten, etc. But that’s different as these are defined medical issues e.g. Coeliac/celiac disease.

If you’re a chocoholic, splurge out on wine/coffee, fatty/salty/sugary rich foods, do bugger-all exercise, there’s the problem staring you in the face – everything in moderation.

‘Detox’ is just a trendy, feel good term for making amends to an unhealthy lifestyle. grandpa

Originally Posted By: SubZero

‘Detox’ is just a trendy, feel good term for making amends to an unhealthy lifestyle. grandpa

doh

Regardless...after having 30 odd hours away from home and eating some of what was on offer (plane, hotel, on the road) I felt horrid! Really bad gastric upset - was pretty darn glad to get home and back to dairy free, nothing with preservatives etc - feeling better already!
Originally Posted By: SubZero
Pseudo science nonsense. If you simply eat what a human, as an animal, is suppose to eat (not lots of raw meat!), and exercise regularly, you shouldn’t have any health issues. As all the nutritionists say, plenty of vegetables and fruit, grains, some meat, and yes Cheeseman, dairy products in small quantities. Drink lots of water.

Obviously, some people have intolerances to certain products – gluten, etc. But that’s different as these are defined medical issues e.g. Coeliac/celiac disease.

If you’re a chocoholic, splurge out on wine/coffee, fatty/salty/sugary rich foods, do bugger-all exercise, there’s the problem staring you in the face – everything in moderation.

I agree. However, and this is an extreme example..

So, on your 3 week ski vacation to Japan where you are surrounded by mud bucket curry, fried everything with nothing green in sight.. you are going to stick to "what humans are supposed to eat". I mean I take a cooler full of fruits and raw veggies in the car when we go away, which is often, but even then it's hard to stay within my usual eating habits.

It just isn't always possible to have the ideal diet when away or even at home for that matter. Again, as I've said before, use whatever different arrows you have in your quiver to get you into or keep you in the best shape you can.

In J-Land I’ve eaten a main meal of sea urchin on rice with salmon roe, etc – something I’d never eat at home and with little or no stomach issues. Besides, if you can’t find something healthy to eat in Japan, you’re just not looking hard enough!

An ideal diet is obviously an individual thing, but using excuses like 30 hours away, hotel/plane/road trip food isn’t an excuse to ‘detox’. That’s just bad eating habits, and absence of thought, leading to an upset stomach which could easily be rectified by eating some fruit, drinking water/tea and having a sleep. (Drinking hot tea on a stomach full of fruit will ‘detox’ you pretty damn quick! lol)

Lack of self control is the root of the problem.

In answer to MB’s initial question:

‘Has anyone else had headaches from detox?

Any other bizarre reasons for headaches?’

All these will give you a headache: A severe change in diet, going cold-turkey after drinking more than two cups of coffee a day, being dehydrated, getting stressed about dieting, having a brain tumour, and not getting/giving enough sex.

Forget the ‘detox’ crap and just eat simply, drink more water than coffee, get a head scan and do more horizontal-folk-dancing! evilgrin

But hey, if it makes someone feel better to use pseudoscience, power to them.

Oh good Lord Sub Zero!

I had/have a very healthy diet. And absence of thought is not a problem I have. I spend an inordinate amount of time planning/shopping and preparing healthful meals and snacks for my family of 6.

I don't drink huge amounts of coffee. Between 1 and 3 cups a day usually - but at least the same amount of herbal tea's.

And I drink at least 3 litres of water a day - so I am not dehydrated.

I had an MRI just a few weeks ago - and apart from my Liver Tumors I am fine. No Brain Tumor. wink

As for the horizontal activities - not always horizontal - but certainly not lacking.

The Liver Cleansing Diet that I am following is a set of guidelines to help with eating simply. It restricts coffee, wipes out artificial stuff (preservative and sweeteners etc), focuses on wholegrains and plenty of fruit and vegies, and temporarily gets rid of red meat and dairy. Apart from missing my steak, and switching to soy milk I don't actually feel it is too different to my regular diet. But I do feel a lot better...so must have been something not agreeing with me.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Oh good Lord Sub Zero!

I get that a lot from women ... also: 'god, God, GOD!!' rollabout

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
As for the horizontal activities - not always horizontal - but certainly not lacking.

horse ... something like this perhaps? veryshocked Too much information, Lady-Sandgroper.

I too used to get incredibly bad migraines when I was much younger. They were totally debilitating and at times the pain was so bad I'd vomit. Really not fun. I had near every scan known to man but the docs couldn't work it out. I then got advice to try a chiropractor and within 10-15mins he advised that my hip was out slightly which was causing issues in my spine and neck and this was the cause of the migraines. I had two sessions with him and have never had another migraine in my life. So simple in the end...